Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H New Build Starts and Stops Continuously

GA-Z77-D3H New Build Starts and Stops Continuously
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:08:58 pm »
Just completed a new build  and the computer will not boot, it starts and stops again and again. Finally figured out that the case came with a small MB speaker to install with rest of the switch connections.
With my other builds the cases always had a small speaker, but the last complete build I did was twelve years ago.
When I try to power up the computer runs about five seconds, power cuts out, then powers back up for another five seconds, and will continue this.I'm getting continuous short beeps until the power shuts off after five seconds. when it starts again the same short continuous beeps continue. I read on here or somewhere that that indicates a problem with the power. I am using a new Antec HGC 750 watt power supply, which is supposed to be fairly high quality. I took the ram out and still get the same results. Tried another power supply from my last rebuild eight  years ago, same results as with the 750 watt power. I have cleared the cmos, did not help. I do not have any extra standoffs under the MB.
I'm thinking of taking the MB out and see if MB and CPU will run out side the case, the only other stuff connected to the MB are a SSD and DVD Burner/ Player, tried disconnecting power to them, still have the same problems. The CPU seated very easily, so I don't think I have any bent pins, but will check. Seems like I'm not the only one on the forum to have this same problem with this MB.

Intel i5 3570k
Gigabyte GAZ77-D3H  
8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, 1600
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm SATA6
Asus 24x DVD-RW

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:45:10 pm by GrizRod »

Re: GA-Z77-D3H New Build Starts and Stops Continuously
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:47:07 pm »
Should have gotten to the final thing I was going to check before posting. After taking the MB out and trying it on wooden cutting board, the MB still still beeped continuously. Took the CPU cooler off and I'd bent one of the CPU pins on the MB. What happened is when mounting  the CPU I'd gotten a small minute piece of tissue on the pins and had tried to get it off with a small pair tweezers. Turns out to have been a bad idea, first time I've done that,and the last. Sorry to post a bit to early, but I'm glad to find these forums, but glad to have finally found the problem. An expensive lesson though.

Thanks,
Brian