Official GIGABYTE Forum

660 Ti OC square pixels on all the screen

660 Ti OC square pixels on all the screen
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:14:04 am »
I just got yesterday with this big problem, i was in a skype call and turned off my display and after 2 hours i turned it back on and all the screen became like this. I tried reinstalling drivers with a clean installation but nothing works, as soon as windows loads the drivers it becomes like this, it dissapears only when i remove the drivers or i finish session in windows.

If i use the onboard graphics the screen is also normal, i got the card 2 months ago and im not sure if is broken already...
All that square things changes color like crazy and appears on all screen

GPU: GV-N66TOC-2GD
Motherboard: gigabyte z77x-up5 th
CPU: intel core i7 3770k

Re: 660 Ti OC square pixels on all the screen
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:58:30 am »
sorry for some reason an wrong image was posted...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 660 Ti OC square pixels on all the screen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:19:55 am »
Hi there,

I'm not sure what is going on with your Graphic Card but a fairly easy way to see if it is a hardware problem or a software one is to run a live version of Ubuntu or another Linux Distro.

If the card works fine when you do this then, it is a more than likely to be a problem with the software environment in Windows. However, if the graphics are pixelated in Linux then it is probably a hardware fault.

Another quick test is to see if the graphic card works OK in BIOS before Windows installs. If everything is fine here then, once again it is more than likely to be a software problem rather than hardware.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.