Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-M56S-S

Gigabyte GA-M56S-S
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »
I have a Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3, when I install my CPU chip (AMD Athlon II X3 425 Proccesor), graphics card and memory I cant get it to boot.

The hard drivers kick in, my cd rom kicks in, my cpu fan and graphics card fan fires up but I just dont got any beeps or anything through the monitor, just the standard orange light to display no signal..

Tried it with bare bone, just one hard drive, still nothing, tried with different graphics card, no luck, tried with different memory, again, nothing.

Its like the motherboard is not speaking to the graphics card to tell it to boot from pci-e.

I would try onboard gfx but as most of you are aware there isnt any. I

Any assistance would be very greatful...

System spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600)
Mobo: GA-M56S-S3
Memory: 1536 Megabytes
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Monitor: Hanns.G HW173

Any more info just ask! Thanks!!!

Re: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
Anybody?

I want to keep this motherboard but may have to change it due to this problem!

Plz :(

Beekeeper

Re: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 and AMD Athlon II X3 425 no boot
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:07 pm »
as this cpu is supported since bios F6c so maybe your mobo has older bios version and this is due to that, sometimes it happens. then need to change cpu to the older one, upgrade the bios and install the target cpu.

but you may also try to disconnect all hdd, odd, vga, even RAM, just leave mobo and CPU with fan, and of course PSU  ;)
then connect small speaker to 2 pin connector in front panel of the MB, if you hear any sounds that means CPU is alive (MB also at least in part).

worth checking also on the table, not in the chassis as there maybe some short circuit from it
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”