Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UP5 TH debug A0 or D4

nipnosis

Re: Z77X-UP5 TH debug A0 or D4
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 05:36:52 pm »
Ok so I have tried all of my USB ports and none of them power up my keyboard till after the splash screen has gone which is very annoying to say the least.

Also it seems that when I press reset the board will stay at A0 but if I press shutdown that is when I get the D4, very strange indeed it's like part of the shutdown step throws this error up?

I'm going to have to use @BIOS to flash to an earlier version I think as I can't reinstate my overclock and make the memory run at the correct speed.

Also I have tried to use only 1 stick of ram in each slot, removed both GPU's and ran from the internal graphics and still had the same D4 issue so really that only leaves the board to be the problem I would have thought.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 06:40:34 am »
On this motherboard there is a switch which enables you to swap between the Main BIOS and the Backup BIOS chip. It is located between the F_Panel USB 3.0 connector and the GSATA3 header. Power down the PC and switch to the backup BIOS via this switch then power up and you should be able to get back into BIOS. You can then reflash the main BIOS chip using QFlash.

Can you try a different keyboard and mouse? There have been some issues reported with higher end kit not being recognised during POST and at this stage I guess it won't hurt to try if you can swap them easily.

Make sure that your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the USB 2.0 ports on the back panel as this can sometimes help.

Does the issue of the switch to D0 on the display only occur when you have been running the PC in Windows or does it happen when you have only entered BIOS and then shutdown/restarted.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

nipnosis

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:19 am »
I have just noticed something that I feel is quite odd and may point to the issue.

I only get the D4 when I actually shutdown the pc. Then it will return on the next power cycle as well.

However even when I have the D4 if I restart the pc and let it boot as normal then sits quite happily at A0. I find it strange that there appears to be a different sequence when shutting down and restarting.

elfnik

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »
Hello dear friends.

I have GA-Z87X-UD3H and I have the same issue for about a week, since i just bought my new PC. So i dd little research on this topic and about this problem. I am not sure if this could resolve the problem but I`ve read about a possible solution since it seems logical, so I hope this help will come useful for anyone else who have this problems.

So if you are using windows 8 / 8.1 (because I do) i`ve read on a forum that exactly windows 8 is making the damn problem. Here is the link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35694-z77x-ud5h-code-d4/

Shortly, what I`ve tried to do and what help other people to fix this issue is: Try to disable fast book option in windows 8. Why? well since Windows 8 never shutdown even if you go start->shut down, but instead, it goes into some hibernate / sleep mode even though you`ve press shutdown. So here is a link how you can disable fast boot: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html (this link shows how to enable, but you have to UNCHECK "fast  startup". Or start windows "CMD" as administartor and type this "powercfg -h off" (without quotes)

That i`ve tried so I hope it will help you too.

Regards