Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 670 dead?

GTX 670 dead?
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:54:07 am »
Hi,

Recently I've bought a 2nd gtx 670 from gigabyte (the first one is the same mode, the 3x windforce version) to play games with sli. However, after using it for a while (even sli was working), the card suddenly stopped working. Now, whenever the card is powered and inserted in any slot on the board, it will run at 100% fan speed and not be detected by Nvidia's drivers. My first card (the exact same model), is still working fine. When I use my second card as the only card in the first slot which my original card works in, it still doesn't work. This leads me to think my card is dead, unless it's something to do with a new bios in the second card or something... I just want to be 100% sure it is dead, as I don't want to pay shipping to RMA my card.

Thanks

Re: GTX 670 dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:42:36 pm »
Mine had the same issue, boots to 100% fan speed and no display, sent the unit in for RAM about a month ago, still waiting to get it back..

Sad part was that I only had the card for 32 days before it died :S Second time I have had a Gigabyte video card die on me unfortunately.