Official GIGABYTE Forum

Why Gigabyte aint tell the truth !?

Liquid

Why Gigabyte aint tell the truth !?
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:55:58 am »
I was dissapointed as i bought a GA-790-FXTA UD5 in 2011 because of the marvell 6GB controller, it does not support the speed as it should.

And finally i bought a GA-990-FXA-UD5 this month to get an improvement of speed im MB/s and even use both the AMD/Marvell controllers to use RAID arrays, instead of the GA 970 XXX, so i add 65.- Euro

Now i'am very dissapointed, as i learn right now its not possible to use RAID 1 on AMD + RAID 0 on Marvell at the same time or in opposite way.
There is allways the well known ERROR, just 1 of the RAID sets is detected.
For real what is this issue, why should i buy and pay for this ?

Now iam FORCED to use the AMD controller for RAID 0 + RAID 1 (2x 1Tb HDD, 2x 120Gb SSD).
I'am not even close to the speed which i expect with 2 Corsair Force 3 120Gb in RAID set.

Conclusion :
Wrong information from Gigabyte and even bad drivers and bios, so you cant use both controllers as expected and you wont ever reach the speed in MB/s which you even pay for your SSD's.

FYI : I use the newest BIOS for my GA-990-FXA and i even use the newest FW for my Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD's and i even download the newest board drivers, maybe i did something wrong but i miss the RAIDxpert setup in downloaded chipset-driver, they came up with the old driver-dvd.

This is very dissapointing at all !

So how about you Gigabyte ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:01:20 am by Liquid »

Liquid

Re: Why Gigabyte aint tell the truth !?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:22:33 pm »
As i expected...no answer, no help, tips, suggestions or even questions  >:(

***BUMP***

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Why Gigabyte aint tell the truth !?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
Hi

Most manufacturers have problems with their products, especially complicated ones like motherboards but it is only right to expect them to be tackled and fixed within a reasonable length of time. The first problem that you are referring to with the Marvell 9128 chip not working properly after it being advertised as the worlds answer to SATA3 saw very many people purchasing new motherboards on the strength of it. Of course it was a miserable failure ands even though wasn't Gigabyte's fault (Marvell couldn't get the chip to work properly across the industry as a whole) there was no answer or even acknowledgment that the problem existed officially. This is what I find extremely annoying.

I am unaware of the particular issue that you currently have with RAID use on the motherboard but that maybe because I concentrate mainly on the Intel side of the industry. You seem to have taken the most logical steps to combat it though by updating the firmware and drivers etc,. I can only suggest that you contact Gigabyte's technical team and let them sort it out for you.

You haven't posted your location in your profile so I have given the standard contact details for you.

GGTS

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

or

http://gts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:55:01 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB