Official GIGABYTE Forum

Osmium keyboard headphone connection ussue

uio77

Osmium keyboard headphone connection ussue
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:51:09 pm »
Hello Guys:

I don't know if I am setting the keyboard wrong or if it is the normal way to do it.

When I connect the keyboard headphone jack to my computer it automatically kills the audio in my speakers. The only way to make both work together is to go into the windows settings and disable the headphone jack, when I want to use the headphones through the keyboard I have to go to the windows settings again and enable it .

Is this right and normal way to set up the keyboard ??

thanks for your answer..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:05:04 pm by uio77 »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Osmoum keyboard headphone connection ussue
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:24 pm »
Hi,

I am not familiar with the keyboard in question yet but have asked for a review item so I will know a bit more then. I suspect that the headphone jack on the keyboard is being seen as the same as a headphone set by the operating system and so disabling the speaker output.

Does it make any difference whether you have the headphones actually connected to the keyboard ?

If not then you will either have to set it so that the speakers and headphones both work at the same time or change the setting as required.

Please let us know if you come across any better way.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

uio77

Re: Osmium keyboard headphone connection ussue
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »
It does not make any difference when I plug the headphones to the keyboard. The audio works in the headphone when attached to the keyboard.

I thought that if the keyboards connects to the headphone jack on the computer nothing will happen until a headphone is connected to the keyboard; this is not the case.

So,  is it necessary to tweak the audio setting in the computer for the keyboard to work properly??

Is not only plug and play when is audio related??