Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte z77x-d3h beep codes? what does a click mean?

Gigabyte z77x-d3h beep codes? what does a click mean?
« on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »
Im having a problem with my system wherein it will post fine ( single beep) and  when i power the system off and on again, it wont post and gets stuck in a bootloop. The cpu fan gets bursts of speed and i get clicks from the speaker.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bvsdrpir3sfaus0 , thats a link to the audio file, it plays with vlc (from phone recorder) , if anyone could let me know what this means that would be swell.

Manual was USELESS , in one section it says ' 'If a problem
is detected, the BIOS may issue beeps in different patterns to indicate the problem. Refer to Chapter
5, "Troubleshooting," for information about beep codes.'

But there is NOTHING about this in the troubleshooting section, really dissapointed with thism first they dont even provide a speaker or anything and theres no beep codes either...

mikeyb5753

Re: Gigabyte z77x-d3h beep codes? what does a click mean?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »
A click is nothing to do with diagnosing problems.  it's just the speaker receiving a small burst a current as the system is booting.

Motherboards are no longer provided with on-board speakers, they have a header for one which is included with most cases.
F2A88XM-HD3
A8-5500 - Coolermaster Seidon 120M
8GB
2x msi 7850 twin frozr
Corsair CX430M
Sandisk 120GB SSD
Seagate 3TB

Re: Gigabyte z77x-d3h beep codes? what does a click mean?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »
oh darn , so the click means nothing? i dont get a click like that before the successful boot though, only on the failed ones.

Oh right well yeah i found the speaker with my case.