Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3P crash machine

EP45-UD3P crash machine
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:19:09 am »
After 3 failed RMA's of recieving refurbished junk that fails to work right ,customer service says there finally going to send me a new crash machine.I wish the memory configurator list actually listed "1" 4GB set of ram .  LOL ,it only lists 1 and 2GB sets .If you are unlucky enough to have bought this board and gskill 8500CL5D-4GBPK DDR2-1066  then you know it wont run with 2 sticks "ya thats right single channel only . My third board and the 0 channel don't work at all black screen.I had 2 use 2nd slot and only 1 stick because its completely worthless after bootup internet and games and most programs wont even start to run if i use both sticks.I talked to gskill so long i can tell you every bios change for that ram by heart.2nd RMA and all it did was constantly reboot.It wasn't easy to get 1 stick to work but i managed with alot of trial and error.I didn't RMA the board simply because my ram wouldn't work either they all have had there own different problems . Definetly ASUS or EVGA nextime.Wish i never RMA'd it and just exchanged it for  a different brand at NEW EGG. AT least gskill mailed me a new set of ram and not somebody elses broken junk they said they fixed . thanks alot gigabyte the only headache of all the pc parts ive purchased ,not just once but going on my 4th try and still not even expecting success ill be selling it on EBAY for sure! OH ya ive tested my ram on another computer and it works fine.

Beekeeper

Re: EP45-UD3P crash machine
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 04:42:12 pm »
tried to upgrade mb's bios ?

what memory configurator are you talking about?

maybe it would be easier to use different vendor ram modules
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”