Official GIGABYTE Forum

Lack of Availability - Gigabyte graphics Cards

Lack of Availability - Gigabyte graphics Cards
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:21:27 pm »
Hi there - Great forum, BTW!

Been a Gigabyte user for many years, but on this occasion I'm disappointed by lack of mid to upper end graphic card products on the net.

I've been trying for the last two weeks to obtain a GIGABYTE GV-N275SO-18I or as a last resort a GV-N26SO-896I / R487X2-2GH-B, but whatever site I try (in the U.K) it’s either 'out of stock' or 'Manufacturer Discontinued - No longer available'

Does anyone know what’s wrong? I was under the impression the above cards are fairly 'new'

Any help / advice would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:22:58 pm by runn3R »

Pottypete

Re: Lack of Availability - Gigabyte graphics Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:43:52 am »
Hi,
The cards are fairly new and stocks are low everywhere to vendors,
Production and supply is very limited
cheers
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:45:24 am by Pottypete »

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »
Ok, thanks Pottypete, guess I may have to wait a little longer then...

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:46:34 pm »
 ;D
DROOL, DRIBBLE, I WANT ONE

PC enthusiasts and gaming addicts are in for a treat with enhanced PC speed and performance. As Gigabyte launches its new Super Overclock Series built with an Nvidia GTX 275 GPU.

The Gigabyte GV-N275SO-18I features an amazing 1792 MB GDDR3 memory and 448-bit memory interface. Every GPU is cherry-picked for top operation, power efficiency and consistency via GIGABYTE’s pioneering GPU Gantlet Sorting Process and the memory size is doubled as opposed to a usual GTX 275 graphics card on market. By means of an advanced technical selection along with joint Ultra Durable VGA boards, users can enjoy brilliant graphic card performance on all the top 3D gaming titles.

In GPU Gauntlet Sorting, Gigabyte’s database analysis system assesses the GPU core engine, shader engine and memory. If a processor doesn’t meet the pre-defined standard, it will not be eligible for the Super Overclock Series. In addition, Gigabyte’s proprietary testing toolkit lets engineers examine and choose the GPUs with maximum frequency. This program functions for 30 minutes and supplies vital data on the utmost overclocking capability as opposed to a stock GPU. Once the Super Overclock point has been checked, engineers will increase the rate to provide the highest factory default clock setting in the market.

Next, each Super Overclock Series GPU faces the Graphics benchmarks, FurMark and 3Dmark Vantage, to gauge operations and constancy under a powerful graphics load. A GPU that passes this stage will function at a lower temperature and fan speed as opposed to a standard GPU. Gigabyte facilitates rendering of intricate 3D scenes and realistic physical effects like water, gas, steam, fire, etc for a believable gaming escapade.

Engineers will examine the power switching and constancy. The GPUs with top power efficiency and least power use are eligible for the Super Overclock Series. A huge cooling fan supplies a calm computing setting. Due to Ultra Durable VGA 5 quality components, 2 oz copper PCB, first tier memory, Japanese solid capacitors, ferrite core cokes and low RDS on MOSFET, the Super Overclock Series offers for top show in graphics benchmarking. These high-quality components assure consumers a 5% to 10% lesser GPU temperatures, 10-30% superior overclocking ability, and switching power loss that are decreased by 10-30%.

There are three major advantages offered by Gigabyte’s GPU Gauntlet Sorting process. The first one is full-throttle performance tuning. Proprietary database analysis system assists engineers to inspect GPU core, shader and memory. Super Overclock Series video card sets its factory overclocked at optimal stability point (Super OC point), which is an accurate equilibrium between high frequency and effective power use. Thereby delivering high implementation for power users.

The second one is optimized thermal efficiency. With high-quality Gigabyte Ultra Durable VGA components, the processor chosen by GPU Gauntlet Sorting possesses additional lower temperature by 5 to 10%. The guarantee fan speed at 1500 rpm in high-rated 3D and physics-accelerated games aids in reducing sound for a completely quite environment.

The third one is the expert power switching. GPUs are monitored and examined for the maximum power efficiency and least power use via the FurMark and 3DMark Vantage benchmark. A Gigabyte GTX 275 Super Overclock Series graphics card provides a 9% increase in performance as opposed to a usual GTX 275 card. And a Gigabyte GTX 275 Super Overclock Series card assures the same overclocking potential as a typical GTX 275 reference video card, but with lesser power utilization.

Gigabyte GV-N275SO-18I supports NVIDIA PhysX technology which facilitates gamers lifelike 3D gaming experience Nvidia PhysX technology include a part of realism which has never been seen before in gaming. Gamers can feel dynamic PhysX effects such as blazing explosions, reactive debris, realistic water, and believable characters. In addition, GV-N275SO-18I features Nvidia CUDA technology to speed up the most challenging system tasks, giving unbelievable performance developments than conventional CPUs.

Incorporated with an exclusive Nvidia SLR Technology, Gigabyte GV-N275SO-18I is able to provide remarkable performance, scaling for the world’s fastest gaming solution under Windows 7 with solid, high-tech drivers. Gigabyte GV-N275SO-18I included with Nvidia PureVideo HD technology allows gamers to enjoy ultimate HD gaming experience on the digital playground.

In addition, Gigabyte GV-N275SO-18I also supports Nvidia 3D Vision technology. Forming the basis for a fresh customer 3D stereo ecosystem for gaming and home entertainment PCs, 3D Vision is a blend of advanced wireless glasses, a high-power IR emitter and superior software that automatically alters several PC games into full stereoscopic 3D experiences.
Credit Due to reviewer
Tissues anyone :'(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:47:33 pm by Pottypete »

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:55:51 pm »
Have to get you a bib!  :D

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for the GV-N275SO-18I? - Don't fancy waiting till next Christmas! It's too far away.

Just had an email reply from Gigabyte T/W... After check with the related department there is bad supply of this GTX 275 GPU from nVidia. Therefore we shortage of this GTX 275 graphics card....

Guess you may be bribbling for quite a while pottypete.

Pottypete

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:16:28 pm »
 ;D OK
Going Back to peeling onions now,
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »
Hi mates

GV-R487X2-2GH-B is EOL since Q3 2009

GV-N275SO-18I is also EOL also because there will be no GPU supply any more. Currently there is no substitute model for 275 from nVidia side before Fermi comes out. 5850 from ATI has a better performance.

GV-N26SO-896I is not available due to GPU shortages. :(

ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

scjet

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:34 am »
 And here I thought the world supplies of "sand"/silica had magically run out.
;)
 these freekin' guys play the "oil" game with us. if you need it -u pay more, if you don't need it,  well we got "tons" of it, but then if you need it again -u pay more, but if you don't, we got ....
hahaha.
MB: GA-X58A-UD3R / GA-890FXA-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-930 / AMD Phenom II 1090T
Heatsink: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 / NH-C12P SE14
Mem: G.Skill DDR3-1600 Triple-Ch 1.5V (12800CL9T-6G) / Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 Dual-Ch 1.5V DDR3-1333 (16-Gig kit)

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 06:13:59 am »
I'm sure that anyone in the market for a lower end graphics solution would be pleased to own one of these DirectX 11 cards. At least it has a full compliment of 1Gb GDDR5 memory.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB