Official GIGABYTE Forum

GV-N210SL-1GI audio question

timmib

GV-N210SL-1GI audio question
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:50:16 am »
Greetings,

Finishing up a new build: ga-970-uds v3, phenonII x4 965 3.4Ghz, 16 gig Kingston memory, gigabyte geforce 210 1g memory.  Running windows xp pro sp2 which is a clone of the old rig os drive.

Last thing I did after everything was settled down was to check the audio.   Hum ... no sound ... .  Disabled 'azalia' in bios, snooped around to make sure Creative SB was still default system audio, make sure directx was good, checked all connections.  Seems the system is using the pci board as the target but there's nothing at the card outputs.  Finally a hint.  In testing the different sound rendering outputs (using winamp), the directx status windiow is indicating that there is a file missing: "missing software, primary buffer inactive".  Since I know that the generated input and output files of various renderers are working and I'd done a fresh install of the creative drivers, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.  I'm wondering if the audio drivers installed with the geforce 210 are causing a problem.  In device manager I see a Microsoft UUA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio as a System device.  I see nothing related to the audio part of the geforce 210 (using the vga port only).

I use my computer to transcribe and convert tapes and vinyl to digital for folk.  I don't need a hardware dac which does anything but pass the raw data faithfully.  I hold very close control of the software I use.  Hence, I've stayed with the old sb (ct4810).  Incoming and outgoing data has been good. (I will be moving to win7 and will have to replace the creative card.  But I want to resolve this problem now since I do not know what card I'm going to get and I have no faith that the audio utilities I use will work with 7.)

So, are there any thoughts?  I'm not used to working with a system that has three audio devices: onboard, pci board and on pciex16 board.  Nor a system being effected by efi bios.  At the least, I would like a utility which shows me the status of the audio drivers installed by the geforce board.

TIA

Be well,

Kim
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:56:48 am by timmib »
ga-970a-ud3 v3, phenom II x4 965
16 gb Kingston memory
gv-n210sl-1gi (geforce 210)