Official GIGABYTE Forum

Tracking degrades on the Ghost M8000X until the pointer comes to a stand still

This mouse is simultaneously the most comfortable and swank looking mouse I have ever owned while being the worst for tracking.  The tracking isn't just bad.  It actually renders the mouse unusable within a few minutes on ANY surface, OS, and computer.  The pointer movement starts off silky smooth and become less responsive until eventually the pointer doesn't move at all. Changing the surface on the spot will awaken the pointer movement a little and then it stops again within a minute.  The same with pressing the profile button for 3-5 seconds and using the PTP function. Reinserting the Ghost's USB plug will only begin the pointer life/death cycle over again.

The mouse was packaged with my Gigabyte GTX590 which is flawless. I never wanted to part with this card and risk getting another mouse with the same issue, or much much worse, a faulty graphics card.

The response from Gigabyte's Global Technical Service was to suggest I "...try to open the Ghost and click the button [Clean] to clear the onboard memory."  Of course the responder should have written "open the Ghost ~utility~" because otherwise the suggestion would be inviting me to void the warranty.  That was a long time ago and the clean function didn't solve the issue. The warranty has now expired and so I don't mind opening it up to try something dodgy.  ;D  Any ideas?
Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel i7-5960X, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3GHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro, Corsair H110 CPU cooler, Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti Xtreme 11G, 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB,  Antec HCP-1300 Platinum PSU, Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Roccat Kone XTD, Asus PG278Q