Official GIGABYTE Forum

Graphics card & memory suggestions.

Graphics card & memory suggestions.
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:46:51 pm »
Hi, actually not quite a Gigabyte user yet as I haven't completed the build and that's why I'm here. I'm not really a 'techi' either though I have put a few computers together but only this one recently as I needed to upgrade. I am hoping for some suggestions to help me decide the best memory and graphics card for the setup I have-

Main board- GA-MA790XT.UD4P (rev.1.0) AMD 790x + SB750 Chip set.
CPU-       AMD Phenom 2X4 965, 3.4GHZ Black SKT AM3 L2/L3 8MB 12

All is set up except for the Graphics Card and the Memory.

I would like to use the fastest possible memory and also eventually fit the limit of 16GB though this suggests installing 4X4GB sticks which don't seem to exist as far as I can see. Anyway I want to start off with 4GB. As for the graphics card I was considering-

XFX GeForce GTS 250 Core Edition 1024MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Dual-Link DVI/HDTV Graphics Card

I am not a gamer though a few games would be played on the system. I just want to take advantage of the parts I have and for the system to be top notch efficient for graphics (Photoshop). I intend to be using Windows7  64bit.
Gratefull for any help in deciding. Thanks. ???

Pottypete

Re: Graphics card & memory suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:59 am »
Hi,
There are 4gb memory sticks available but they going to cost around £100 each,
search around these forums for memory that others use and make sure it's on the QVL for your mobo,
That g/card should be ok to future proof you for a while,
cheers