Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-t671mg bios update?

sauris

GA-t671mg bios update?
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »
Welcome guys :)

I am having trouble with updating my bios. My motherboard is ga-671mg, with the last bios update made in 06/25/2007. I want to update it because I think it will help to improve the performance of my computer, as I have been reading that it can do that if the bios version is old. I am doing this mainly because I hope it will make my computer work propely and run games in normal graphics without lagging. I have checked everywhere for a new version of bios for this motherboard but I couldn't find it. I have even chcecked on the motherboard's chipset maker's website (SiS, my chipset is SiS671 northbridge and 968 southbridge). Here are some specs of my computer:

manufacturer - Packard Bell
CPU- Intel Pentium Dual Core 925 (3,00GHz)
video - ATI Radeon 4670 1GB
2 x 1GB of RAM (DDR2)
onboard sound

Please help me, I want to update the BIOS because I think it's the problem with this computer. My idle CPU usage is around 30 - 40%, and when running programs, around 80%. My computer is freshly after format with a replaced hard drive. All I want is to have a steady computer which I can play games on without lagging. Even the classic GTA Vice City is laggy overall, and where there is more movement in the game, its very laggy and will probably crash or freeze :( I already downloaded all necessary drivers for my components.
Thank You in advance
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:58:25 pm by sauris »

alekos

Re: GA-t671mg bios update?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:30:31 am »
Hi. I am also interested in a BIOS update for the ga-t671mg but I have not been able to find it. I would appreciate any help!