Official GIGABYTE Forum

Open Driver Handle Failure

Open Driver Handle Failure
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:22:53 am »
On 27/12/2012 I purchased a new PC with a GA-B75M-D2V MB and and Intel I5 processor.
Using the Gigabyte Utility DVD I installed the drivers and utilities.
Everything was running fine until yesterday (3/01/2013) when I received "Open Driver handle Failure" on starting ET6.
I uninstalled the utility with the intention of re-installing it, but when I tried to use the Utility DVD I received the "Open Driver Handle Failure" error immediately  run.exe had completed.

Would welcome any help.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:25:58 am by HairyScot »

Re: Open Driver Handle Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:16 am »
Cannot run any Gigabyte Utilities, cannot use the utility disc, have tried downloading latest utilities and cannot install any of them.

Always get "Open Driver Handle Failure" and/or Error Code 0x80040707
Is there no solution for this problem?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:43:23 am by HairyScot »

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:56:57 am »
I have the same problem. Sent a message to support yesterday and have not heard a thing..... >:(  It is a problem with their installer... I have installed many other programs without an issue... Funny thing is I just bought one of their video cards today and the software with it opens fine.....

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 04:11:43 am »
I've just received the following response from Gigagbyte Technical Support:-

"Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, please try the following steps:

1. Please Load Optimized Default BIOS setting.
2. Please Please go to Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features to remove Easy Tune6, restart OS and reinstall this utility from motherboard driver disc or our website.
3. Please make sure your OS is genuine version released by Microsoft and update to latest service pack. Since we found some users with cracked / modified Windows OS might show up the error message or abnormal behavior with ET6 / DES / EES, we need to confirm if you use genuine and non-modfied Windows OS or not. If you use some Windows version which is crack or modified, we would suggest you try to install genuine and non-modified Windows OS and try it again.

However, if the problem still occurs with genuine OS, we suggest you can back up your data and reinstall Windows 7. And then please install Easy Tune6 in a clean installation to test again.

Best Regards,
GIGABYTE"

I should point out that my question to them was much the same as I posted here:-

Purchased new PC on 27/12/2012 from PB Tech.
Installed drivers and utilities from the "Intel 7 series Utility DVD" that was provided with the box.
On 3/1/2013 received "Open driver handle error" and error code 0x80040707 from Easytune 6.
Uninstalled the utility but when I tries to use the Utility DVD to re-install I received the same error.
Tried other utilities but all gave same errors.
Download latest utilities from Gigabyte but the install gives the same errors.
Found nothing helpful in the Gigabyte forums, or elsewhere online.
Would welcome any help and.or advice you can give.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:26:46 am by HairyScot »

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:13 am »
Tried their suggestion with bios. All that did was reset to factory specs and require me to go through and reset all my settings after this fix did nothing.. I have 2 fresh copy's of windows 7 on my computer and neither one will open any of the MB utilities.  ???

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 06:02:51 am »
I just fired a rocket back at them:-

Your response doesn't really help.
I started off with a new PC and a clean install of a genuine copy of Windows 7 Pro X64, yet after 8 days this error suddenly appears.
There is no guarantee that going down that same route will give a different result.
It's a bit like a shot in the dark.
From what I see on the web this is not an uncommon problem.
Surely there must be some info on what causes this problem and how to fix it without going through a re-install of Windows and all my applications.

At the moment I can live without the utilities.
Just hope if I need a bios update that the is some way to apply it without @Bios
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:06:32 am by HairyScot »

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:30:55 pm »
I hope they come up with something. It almost seems like a Windows recent update may have changed something needed to run their programs. I just tried downloading vista,xp and win 8 to see if they would install and get the same error.For me it worked fine up until the last couple of weeks..

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 07:10:42 pm »
Hairyscot, Did you ever resolve this issue? GB tech support is of no help... Their only answer was to reinstall a new OS. I just did that with 2 systems . That is when the problem started. Their software is the only one I have this problem with.
Thanks