Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UD5H build acting up

Z77X-UD5H build acting up
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »
I have been having issues with my Z77X-UD5H motherboard recently.

Last week or the week before I had a very weird freeze while playing Black Ops 2 where the screen went black (signal was there but the screen was completely black) and I hit the reset button. When I hit the reset it got stuck on POST displaying the motherboard logo and didn't display any errors. The LED status code was 99 while it was frozen. Upon powering it off completely, and starting it back up it worked fine. Today when I went to start-up my computer (after being on for 6 days straight), it froze during POST again with the same LED error 99.

I have also had a very strange Windows hiccup last week or the week before as well where windows itself (not even explorer.exe, it was lower level than that) was unresponsive for nearly a minute and prompted me with a windows is "not responding" popup that was differently looking than any of the traditional ones you get with Windows 7. It recovered from this hiccup and I continued to use my computer.

If anyone has an ideas as to what it is I would be grateful for the help. I am beginning to believe that it could be the SSD since they apparently cause odd behaviour in systems when they are ready to quit but I don't know for sure.

I am overclocked but it has been Prime 95 stable for days, and I have not had a blue screen or crash with it. Temperatures seem to be fine as well.

My specs are:

Windows 7 x64
Z77X-UD5H BIOS F6
3770k OC to 4.5 GHz
Corsair H100
Corsair HX750
16 GB Samsung Green RAM
OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB SSD
4 x 1 TB in RAID 10
Gigabyte GTX 670

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Z77X-UD5H build acting up
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:13:21 pm »
Hi there,

could be that the SSD needs a firmware upgrade and this is what I would check first.

Also, there have been several BIOS updates for your motherboard and it is now at F15o Beta so it would be worthwhile updating the BIOS to see if that improves things.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.