Official GIGABYTE Forum

System with GA-X58-UD7(2.0) won't start or look for CDROM/ DVD

jarll

System with GA-X58-UD7(2.0) won't start or look for CDROM/ DVD
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:30:20 pm »
First I like to say hello to everybody and thank you for this forum.

I was doing maintanance on my system and updated my bios last week . Everything seemed ok till I tried a fresh installation of my Windows 7 Pro 64 . The system  would not read the original disk from the installation DVD on start even if asked to do so from the boot menu ,  but it would do it while on Windows ( once W7 started I could access the dvd / cd install with no trouble ) .I entered the Bios and set CdRom as first boot device because I wanted to format C: , but while starting,  the System would not even try to look for the Cd / DVD. I ' d tried several configurations and other recovery discs, with same luck . After a number of tries I got the message ' bootmgr not found ' . So now I can't  neither start my system nor do a fresh installation because the System  , even when asked to do so , won't look for the CDROM .

So now I am Stuck with a OS that won't start and doesn't go to read the start up CDROM / DVD .
I ,ve tried to downgraded the bios but  because the latest version is a 2k does not let me use the Q flash for the downgrade ...in case the new Bios had anything to do with the system not going to the Cd/ Dvd on start. If i go through F12 the option to start from Cd is there , but when selected does not do anything.
I am running am original W7 Pro 64 , with a motherboard gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 ( 2.0) , my bios version is FD.

Any ideas please? Thank you .

jarll

Re: System with GA-X58-UD7(2.0) won't start or look for CDROM/ DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:07:45 pm »
Answer myself.

When I was ready to send the motherboard away ? I came across a very " atomic" forum, and there it is was : the answer: ICH SATA CONTROL MODE from IDE to AHCI , and just like magic, my cdrom started ro read my installation W7 disck, as opposed from what I understood in this forum.

Hope this helps somebody as lost as I was.