Official GIGABYTE Forum

Installed P55 MB-won't even get to bios now-is it the board?

Installed P55 MB-won't even get to bios now-is it the board?
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:22:37 am »
Not sure what happened with this motherboard. Brand new from NewEgg..put Core i5-750 into the board-booted up fine this past weekend-did not even need to reinstall Windows 7. Ran fine-then I installed a new case fan to help with cooling-then things went bad-would not even boot up. Just turns on and shuts off within a few seconds. I put old CPU fan in-still same problem. I reinstall my AMD MB and everything works fine-the Athlon x2 6000 processor has a higher power draw than the i5-750 so I know it is not the PSU. It is not the system fan-it had to have been a coincidence. 

The system does not even get to the bios and gives no error beeps. I took out all the wires and reconnected them three times already-I spent more time than I should have on this,

I am not sure what else to do in this case. I am ready to RMA the MB and the processor since I am not sure what to do and I only have 7 days to RMA the CPU. Is the MB fried? I have never had a MB that did not get to bios or give me some error beeps.

sirec

Re: Installed P55 MB-won't even get to bios now-is it the board?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:12 am »
sounds like your board is shorting.test outside the case and see if boots but get some antistatic washer things to stop it shorting on the screw pins.