Official GIGABYTE Forum

What's in the Box? Z77X-UP7 Strange Wires

What's in the Box? Z77X-UP7 Strange Wires
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »
Hi all,
this is my first post so be gentle with me.
ive just baught a gigabyte Z77X-UP7 motherboard.
in the box came some small wires about 5cm long, they look like bridging or linking cables, but i dont know what they are for.
the board seems quite good and im sure it will be better when i learn all the settings.
any help regarding these wires would be nice.
thanks for your time
inmate39

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: What's in the Box? Z77X-UP7 Strange Wires
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:19 pm »
Hi there & welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

From your description I would think that these are the SLI Bridge connectors used to connect two or more NVidia Graphic Cards. If you check here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4334&dl=1#ov and scroll down the page a little way, you will see what I mean.

If it is not these then you could be talking about the 8 Voltage Measurement cables.

If it is not these, then post a picture so we can see them as it will be easier to identify them that way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:23:12 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: What's in the Box? Z77X-UP7 Strange Wires
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »
hi all, its me again,
thanks absic for your help.
I have just found out about them in the manual that i didnt have at the time when i posted.
(you could be talking about the 8 Voltage Measurement cables.)
they must be for overclocking, not for me at the mo, im just finding out what the settings do in the bios.
thanks again you were spot-on.