Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UD5H in boot loop

Z77X-UD5H in boot loop
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:15 am »
My motherboard has stopped posting 1 week after purchase and installation, everything worked fine for the first week but this afternoon I came home to find the PC off (it had been on downloading a game from Steam) when I tried to turn it on, it started up for a few seconds (no display, no beeps) before turning off. After removing the power cable for a few minutes I got it to boot and received a message saying the BIOS was corrupt and needed to be reinstalled from the backup. This seemed to go successfully, the PC restarted posted and loaded into windows. I used it for about an hour before it suddenly shut off again from Windows (It just suddenly went through Windows normal shutdown) with the exact same problem reoccuring when it tried to reboot itself. However after removing the power and motherboard battery and getting as far as the 'BIOS Corrupt message restoring from backup' message and progress bar again (this seemed to get to 100%) the PC Still won't power up and post.

Currently whenever the PC is turned on it will briefly start up before flashing a quick db error code and switching off. A few seconds later it will switch itself back on and go through the same process. This happens about 5 times before it stops completely and won't turn on until I've pulled out the battery and power cable and left the pc for 30 minutes.

I left the battery out overnight and PC unplugged, plugged it all back in adn reset the CMOS using the the on board button just to be sure, PC gave me the usual 'BIOS has been reset message' I chose optimised defaults and it booted into windows. 5 minutes later it shut down Windows again and is in exactly the same position, 'db' or '4F' code on boot and just gets stuck trying to POST.

Any ideas? I'm guessing an RMA is in order but I thought I'd see if anyone had heard of this sort of thing happening before.

dolittle

Re: Z77X-UD5H in boot loop
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:54 am »
Try running your memory in single channel. I had this problem the MB would  boot loop in duel channel mode. Let us know.
It ran great for about three months then stared to boot loop.