Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bios not saving settings?

Slevin

Bios not saving settings?
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:56 am »
I had a problem with bios and blackscreen. When i hit del i get a blackscreen in bios. I found a solution by plugging off my monitor, restart my pc, hit del and then plug my monitor again. With this way i get into bios. The main problem now is that i have a video card (which is definately working cause i tested it) and an on board. I change settings int. graphics display to pcie, save settings and quit. but after restart still bios recognizes the onboard one. i did the same plug off/on monitor to access bios and i noticed that bios didnt change my settings as i orded. Bios changed again the int.grapghics display to auto recognizing my on board. My bios doesnt save settings.

I noticed another setting that says internal graphics (on board?). When i switched it to disable and saved settings, my pc made a restart and then i heard from motherboard a four beep noise (the first beep was extended for about 0.5 sec). I got no display from both video card and onboard one and i had to cmos battery reset. I am with onboard now.

Any help?
I am on this situation trying to solve the problem 1 month now...