Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H lock up problem

Rink

GA-Z77-D3H lock up problem
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:59:32 pm »
Hi,
I have recently assembled a new rig and I'm having a slight issue with the build.
Upon installing new OS no problems occurred, however when I finally got onto my desktop and opened regular folders such as My Computer / Documents the machine started to act weird. It took me about a minute to just open my computer, when I tried to open the folder multiple times it froze completely saying that explorer.exe has stopped responding. When I tried to do anything at that point the machine locked up completely, I was not able to move my cursor and caps lock / num lock keys were not lighting up on the keyboard when pressed.

I ran memtest for 5-6 hours with no problems, the strange issue is the fact that whenever I swap RAM sticks around and boot the pc up again it corrupts my bios and at that point I'm forced to go through recovery process.

Sometimes upon pressing the reset button, the system is not able to find my hard drive prompting me to insert appropriate boot device. If I shut down my pc at that point and turn it back on again it boots normally.

My final issue are UNBELIEVABLY long loading times in some applications such as PS / GIMP (they're stuck on splash screen for 2-3 minutes with "not responding" status and then suddently they unfreeze and continue loading everything in under 5 seconds). It happens in games as well.

My computer specification:

I5-2500k (stock speed)
Corsair CML4GX3M1X1600C7 1x4 GB 1600MHz
AMD 6870
Seagate Barracuda 500gb

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion on what could possibly cause this issue.
Thanks.

Re: GA-Z77-D3H lock up problem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »
You might check with the Corsair forums. Ram Guy is really good at troubleshooting RAM issues, and advising various timings and voltages. If you're running at 1600MHz, I assume you're in XMP. It's possible a timing tweak will take care of it....