Official GIGABYTE Forum

Need help choosing between two motherboards.

Need help choosing between two motherboards.
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:54:01 pm »
I've narrowed my search down to two boards:  The G1 Sniper 3 and the Z77X-UP5 TH.  I will be using a 3770K processor with no overclocking, 16 GB Ram, Windows 7.  I like the Ultra Durable 5 features but not sure if I will ever use thunderbolt.  Is Ultra Durable 4 comparable?  I just want some opinions.  Given the choice between these two boards, what would be your choice and why?

Thanks    :D

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Need help choosing between two motherboards.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
Personally I would recommend the GA-Z77X-UP5TH. Why? Because I am running one and it's a lovely board.

OK, I'm not using Thunderbolt yet but the board offers the facility to go down this route as more Thunderbolt devices come along and the price of these decreases.

I am running an i5-2500k CPU with 16Gb of RAM and it has performed every task that I have thrown at it, so far, with out complaint and that inclydes testing the O/C capabilities.

Windows 8 is the OS I'm running and I have to say that I have found that USB3 performance is slightly better than it was when I ran Windows 7.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »
Thanks for your response.  It's great to hear the experiences of others when trying to make a decision.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 05:11:37 am »
Hope you get with the best deal which will must help you to find best deal and get confident.