MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Sandisk Extreme 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200Rpm
Case Antec P183
DVD LG GH24NS90
Noctua NH-D14 Cooler
Antec High Current Pro HCP-850
Windows 7 64bit home

Im wanting to sort out my bios and which to enable and not to enable. At the moment i have alted these settings starting in the M.I.T settings in the bios

Miscellaneous settings:
PEG GEN3 Slot Configuration i have changed it to GEN3
Legacy Benchmark enhancements Enabled

Adavanced Memory Setting:
Extreme memory profile (X.M.P) Profile 1
Performance Enhance Normal

Advanced Frquency Setting, Advanced CPU core Features
Hyper-Threading Technology Enabled

Bios features
Internal Virtualization Enabled
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peripherals

Init Display First PEG
Internal Graphics Enabled
Intel Rapid Start Technology Enabled
Intel Smart Connect Response
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all i have changed and installed all drivers and sofware what came with the PC. Is there anything else i cange or should not change in the Bios to improve even more?.

I have only recent changed the setting Hyper-Threading Technolgy to enabled and i do notice a difference in loading times which are better but do i need to alter anything else as well as other settings or not to improve my PC?.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:12:13 pm by skipper847 »

Re: Bios features.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »
Personally I just go into the BIOS and load defaults and that's it, except for special settings I need for functionality.

I never laod anytging off the CD that came with the system.  Everything was made when the motherboard was new and by now have all been updated several times since then.  Sometimes you even get beta software/drivers on the CD.

I never install the software either, it is usually bloatware and wastes resources on things I'll never use.

Best thing is to scan CD and see what items you'll need and then go go manufacturers website and download the latest versions.

Luck
-=Mark=-
ps, you may not need to enable video in the BIOS if you are using a discrete video card.
Lian-Li PC-Q06 GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A8-3870K 8GB (2x4GB) G. Skill DDR3-1866 CL8 HD 6550D Antec 450 Platinum (EA-450)

Danger Den Torture Rack Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 i7-2600K 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 XFX 6870 Double-D Sparkle 700Watt 80Plus Platin