Official GIGABYTE Forum

Help with mouse Gigabyte gm-m7700b

kver0

Help with mouse Gigabyte gm-m7700b
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:24:42 am »
Hi pls can anyone give me advice what to do with my bluetooth mouse gm-m7700b? It works fine until I go AFK (2 min) for a moment. When I come back it does not work. I found out that when I close every app and program It starts working again but It is very uncomfortable. Thank you  for advice.

Re: Help with mouse Gigabyte gm-m7700b
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »
I have a similar problem with the M7700B Wi-Fi mouse. I frequently need to go to the Wi-Fi devices control panel and initiate a search for devices. Sometimes the mouse spontaneously starts working during the search, sometimes it is not found until the second or third search.

I am a freelance writer and quite often don't need to use the mouse for 15 minutes or more, having to activate the touch-pad to access the device control panel and reconnect the mouse is not only a nuisance it is a distraction.

A solution to this problem would certainly be appreciated.

Dink

Re: Help with mouse Gigabyte gm-m7700b
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:04:24 am »
Hi All,

Had one of these Bluetooth mice for a month now , no issues whatsoever , I am running a Tri Boot system XP Pro / Win7 Pro / Ubuntu 13.1 ,
and the mouse works brilliant on all 3 running systems , never have to hit the reconnect button ,just turn off swap OS turn on and it reconnects.

The issues come from Win 7 , you need to change the local service user account password for the Bluetooth service , look on google many people have
a walk through , basically go to SERVICES find the local Bluetooth Support Service and remove the password .This allows the mouse to work before
Windows fully boots , you can use it now to login your password for Windows.

The other bit is this , when loading the mouse search for it but DO NOT hit the next button when it is discovered , right click and choose properties ,
then select services and tick the box for HID mouse and keyboard , it will now connect without having to hit NEXT , BUT this time it will connect as a
STANDARD mouse under properties ( Bluetooth devices , right click your mouse ,properties , Bluetooth ) if you connect normally it will connect as an
AUTHENTICATED mouse causing you to authenticate everytime it connects , this is why you have to turn off/on or hit your reconnect button ,this is Win 7 going crazy on Bluetooth security and NOT the mouse .

Good Luck , this took me a few hours of geeking and many hairs pulled out , have 6 BT mice here ranging from Microsoft BT 5000 / Trust MI 5300m to no name Chinese mice and the only mouse that could do all 3 with no issues was the Gigabyte.

So if you have these issues , remove the mouse from the list of Bluetooth devices and reboot , then try reconnecting my way , and your trouble should be gone , if you need BT at login then you have to do the BT Support service password.

Dave.