« on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:44 am »
Hi,

Need help.

Have Z77X-UD5H rev.1 motherboard with this further HW
1. Intel Core i5-3570K
2. Corsair 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Vengeance Low profile
3. SSD Crucial M4 64GB
4. OCZ ZS Series 550W Power supply

and Microsoft Windows 7 Professional EN SP1 64-bit, (OEM) on it.

Have this problems from start
1. Sometimes when shut downing it reboots instead and vice versa.
2. Have external HDD connected on eSata, this is powered off only when PC putted in sleep, when shut downed it ignores it.
     And what is worse, when i boot PC, after that external HDD finishes initialization (it stoips hrhrhr, hrhrhr, hrhrhr (bloody **** hdd ) )  (windows is still booting) it simply shutdowns PC (no BSOD, nothing, only  like power is off)

It occurs also without any periphery devices.

So i decided month ago to update BIOS. Original is F5. I have tried to flash  ( flashed without eSata disk connected  )
Fortunately motherboard has dual bios, otherwise ... :/F14, but without success, windows while booting simply crashed into BSOD , nothing helped, load defaults... So i reverted to that F5.

Yesterday i found new BIOS 's , so i decided to give it a chance F15q. But imagine what happened. After flash it gone to reboot and it was last time i have seen something on LCD on that (fortunately first) BIOS.

Later i found that it has secondary BIOS so switched to it and now i am fortunately experiencing only that "petty" problems have described above.

So what i can do, not flash anymore ?
Is there a way to flash that first, now inactive BIOS, from secondary BIOS ?
How come that, BIOS updates from gigabyte, that are published, are getting worse with each version ?

Thanks for your advice,may be sorry for may be quite offensive conclusion, but i am disappointed with that motherboard, i decided to buy it, cause i thought that when i put some extra money in it, i will get quality.

Miro
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:13:27 pm by absic »

ysw

Re: Z77X-UD5H - BIOS broken after flash
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:10 am »
so now your main bios is F5?
you may use qflash to flash to f7 or f8 bios first, not jump to F14 at one time.
then flash to f13 and then f15q....

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 09:55:20 am »
Thanks you, ysw.

But when i was flashing BIOS i was stupid, i did not switch to backup BIOS and flash it, i have flashed main BIOS, and that is now broken.
After power on, when main ( that is broken) is active, LCD is not a activated, i do no see anything (like pc boot, etc) .
Now i boot on that backup where is F5 BIOS version.

And now i have no courage to try flash that backup bios, you understand.

Is it possible to flash or somehow fix that main BIOS from back up BIOS ?

Thanks

Re: Z77X-UD5H - BIOS broken after flash - SOLVED BIOS RESTORE
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »
Great,

Found way to restore main BIOS from backup bios. Just needed to shutdown pc, switched switcher on MB back to main bios.
Next press poweron button and hold it until pc again power switched off and next again poweron button and "vuala",
screen with main bios restoring appears on lcd.

Superb, now will try to flash main bios as you wrote, version after version...

Thanks

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
Last working is F15o, F15q is not powering on LCD, usb keyboard,
on motherboard a see code 78, which is "ACPI core initialization". It hangs there.

Nothing fixed in F15o, and not in any previous from problems reported in first post.
It is for sure bios, or some hardware problem, because reboot is not working also in bios after save&exit , it shut downs PC.

In the summer on vacation (when i will not need pc) will claim this in reseller, if something will not happen. May be another bios version.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:38:33 pm by cmmirec »