Official GIGABYTE Forum

ATI HD GV-R775OC-1GI has 'snow like' lines on screen

ATI HD GV-R775OC-1GI has 'snow like' lines on screen
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:05:02 am »
Hi all,

First Gigabyte product and first post in forum :)

I have recently purchased the GV-R775OC-1GI from ebuyer.com but I'm getting a problem with it.

I'm using this card with an asus m4a78lt-m LE mobo and it's going into a older LG Flatron w2242s monitor (think it's that one - at inlaws at mo).  The problem is that I'm getting very small lines appear on the monitor.  They're similar to when you had the signal on an older TV not quite right.  Now this monitor uses D-SUB (VGA) cables so I thought I'd try it on my Samsung 50" plasma.  No lines there, whether I'm using HDMI or D-SUB.

I also tried it on my brothers newer LG monitor (also D-SUB) and although the lines are still there they are practically imperceptible, so much so that unless you're looking you wouldn't notice.

However in my monitor I DO notice, playing games is not as great with interference... :( I'm going to try it with a DVI adapter in case it's the port...

Apart from the DVI adapter idea can any of you lovely people think of what could be causing it? I was wondering if it's something to do with signal rate or voltage difference between older monitor and newer card... any thought?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mike