Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Ultra Fast BOOT option in BIOS

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Ultra Fast BOOT option in BIOS
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »
OK, I have been playing around with the F12g BIOS on my motherboard and came across an option for Ultra Fast BOOT.

Thought to myself, "Ooo! That looks good I think I will try it out." Enabled this feature, saved and rebooted the PC and...........

1 continuous long beep from the motherboard speaker.
Monitor displaying the AMI Logo splash screen.
Keyboard light indicating power to keyboard.
Debug code 68  showing on LCD Debugger -  Debug 68 indicates PCI Host Bridge Initialization started
PC froze at this point with beep continuing until I powered down.
Repeated the above sequence upon power up and after several attempts to get the PC to BOOT had to switch to Backup BIOS to get the PC running again. (thank goodness for that little switch on this motherboard!)
Reflashed Main BIOS Chip so everything back to previous state and started doing some research but failing miserably with this.

So my question is, does anyone have any idea why it won't go past the PCI Host Bridge Initialization stage, with Ultra Fast BOOT option enabled in BIOS?

Basic System Configuration
System not O/C'd (unless you count RAM running at rated speed of 1600MHz)
CPU:  i5-2500k CPU - Water cooled
GPU: Nvidia 650
PCIe Card - 4 port USB2
PCI Card - M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcard - Not sure if this is the culprit as I didn't have the external breakout unit powered up at the time, although this doesn't cause a problem usually.
4 Various SSD's running in AHCI mode (250Gb Corsair Force 3 as Primary drive with Windows 8 64bit OS with EFI System partition)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:20:04 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Ultra Fast BOOT option in BIOS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
OK had a bit of time to do some further testing and I can say that I am now official stumped by this.

I did think that maybe the M-Audio Delta 1010 may have caused the hang but I have tried powering the external unit and also removing the card completely from the system but the result is the same. the system hangs at Debug 68 with a continuous beep from the motherboard speaker.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

ex58

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:44:41 am »
absic ask joewa how he boot with Ultra boot:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,11925.0.html
 ;D

ysw

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:27:11 am »
there is f13a on tweak town website.
you may try to flash that one to check.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html