Official GIGABYTE Forum

H61N-USB3 Rev.1.0 - Problem with USB3 ports

H61N-USB3 Rev.1.0 - Problem with USB3 ports
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:42 pm »
Hi there, I recently bought this motherboard for a mini home theatre pc in my living room. I also got an i3 2100T to go with the board which is perfect as it is low power and can handle 1080p. However as the mini-itx case is not big enough for regular HDDs I have an Icybox JBOD 4 bay external which is USB3.

Once I set everything up it was working perfectly. The Icybox automatically powers down when the system is turned off. However 1 time this did not happen so I had to manually turn off the external enclosure. Next time I turned the system and the Icybox on Windows 8 didn't recongnise the drives. In fact it didn't show up at all. I tried rebooting, turning on/off in different combinations, still no go.

So I uninstalled the USB3 drivers downloaded from the Gigabyte website. Sudden everything worked again. I noticed that Windows 8 had installed a USB3 driver which was more up-to-date than the one from the Gigabyte website; the Fresco driver I believe.

This happened again recently, the Icybox didn't shut down after the computer was off, so I manually pressed the power button. Once again when turning on the drives had dissappeared. I tried uninstalling the drivers again, reinstalling the old, uninstalling, reinstalling the new again but no go this time! I tried both ports on the back. I then tried the USB2 ports and it worked. This leads me to believe it is definately the USB3 drivers.

Has anyone else experienced problems with he USB3 ports/drivers? I would really like to use the USB3 as it is much faster in transferring and I use the 4 drives in my Icybox simultaneuosly most of the time so I need the bandwidth. PLEASE HELP!!

My system is as follows:

Gigabyte H61N-USB3 rev1.0
i3 2100T Sandybridge
Corsair XMS3 4 gb
OCZ 120gb Vertex 2
Windows 8 64bit Pro

Thanks in advance!!