Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II – Liquid Cooling System.

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II – Liquid Cooling System.
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:24:41 am »
The 3D Galaxy II LCS from Gigabyte offers more than just cooling your CPU.   :o

Firstly, it supports both Intel and AMD CPU’s, but that should be standard anyway.

How about a large, pure copper base with unique water path design CPU waterblock!
Plus a 120mm fan Radiator, which installs easily on the outside of most PC cases.

Still not convinced, Okay then, how about its unique splitter valves.

What this allows you to do is add more liquid cooling products to your 3D Galaxy II.
Items such as the Blue Eye a VGA liquid cooling system, you could even attach your liquid cooling memory to it.

Interested?  Okay, then how about clicking the below link for more information:
http://www.gigabyte.eu/Products/LiquidCooling/Default.aspx

Re: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II – Liquid Cooling System.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:18 am »
Sorry - doesn't do it for me. Splitter valves aren't good for flow, especially with that pump... Fan on waterblock? C'mon, that's just showing that the rad isn't going to be enough (or at least suggestive) and people prefer clean looks - it looks fugly and fidly - like it would get in the way... 

And the res/pump - I'm sorry - your Rad might fit on just about any PC internal or external, but that pump/res sure as heck won't! Not with today's modern GPU cards... What if the person wants smaller cases...? Say the Lian Li 05 or similar? Not so versitile now is it?

Look at XSPC's beginer kit - it's more likely to fit any case it's thrown into compared to this. :/

~Bex

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 03:12:27 pm »
I like this product, Fully compliant with MOSFET cooling, it is great.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:22:49 pm »
I think that^^ is what the waterblock fan is for. Its not there to cool the block, its just there to push air across the chipset coolers that sit around the CPU and rely on the CPU fan for airflow to keep them cool. A water cooling kit without a block fan would look at lot cleaner and would keep the CPU cool, but that's not a lot of good if the chipset it sitting with no airflow and slowly cooking itself to death. This setup does address this problem to a degree and it does mean the first time water cooler won't kill the chipset before realising they've taken away all the coolin. However, the best solution would be to fit independent air or water cooling to the chipset so it doesn't have to rely on any sort of fan mounted on the CPU. This would also run the chipset cooler and should mean better results when overclocking.

As an extension of the Galaxy system, how about board specific kits? It shouldn't be too hard to put together a kit with the necessary heat sink adapters to cool the CPU, various chipset components and so on to suit each specific model. GPU cooling obviously could not be included as part of the kit as there are too many variations, but separate add on kits should be possible. Complete kits like this would be good for those who have a congested case and struggle to get decent airflow to the chipsets, GPUs and memory as it would mean there would be a low risk of forgetting an essential component and allowing it to overheat.

venganza

• Pics of my junk
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:07:50 pm »
The 3D Galaxy II LCS from Gigabyte offers more than just cooling your CPU.   :o

Interested? 

Not really.

I actually owned this kit, until it finally ended up leaking and being a pain (it was quite old).

While it did the job, the RES is a horrible thing and a pain to properly position and secure given the tension from the tubing.

The fan is far too loud by anyone's standard, oh my RES cracked (at the base) over time in multiple places.

This kit certainly does the job for CPU only cooling, but I would not buy it, even the TT Bigwater kits which themselves are cheap I find preferable for those new to LCS wanting to play about.

Now GA makes other kits which are much more solid, but I find the Galaxy lacking and cannot recommend it.
Intel i7 930 - Venomous-X - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 - EVGA GTX480 - 12gb (6x2gb) OCZ Platinum - Enermax Revolution85+ 1250w - TT Xaser 4000 VI - G-Skill Falcon II 64gb + 7 HDD's - Razer Lachesis+ExactMat - Saitek Eclipse II - LG L246WHX 24" BenQ 24".

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »
Sorry - doesn't do it for me. Splitter valves aren't good for flow, especially with that pump... Fan on waterblock? C'mon, that's just showing that the rad isn't going to be enough (or at least suggestive) and people prefer clean looks - it looks fugly and fidly - like it would get in the way...  

And the res/pump - I'm sorry - your Rad might fit on just about any PC internal or external, but that pump/res sure as heck won't! Not with today's modern GPU cards... What if the person wants smaller cases...? Say the Lian Li 05 or similar? Not so versitile now is it?

Look at XSPC's beginer kit - it's more likely to fit any case it's thrown into compared to this. :/

~Bex

HERE HERE 3D galaxy LCS is pants compared to PAULS XSPC system, however as a reviewer I must see the other side of the coin! TO many the XSPC will be seen as daunting for the FIRST TIME water cooling person. The galaxy for the likes of us is yeah pants but it TEACHES the beginner about water cooling and is allin one package. set and forget.

So I can see the merits in it for that but for sheer performance no!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:08:11 pm by gilgamesh »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »
I'm glad we all agree that it's sh*t! As you say though it has merits for the beginner. Even then I would rather do a bit of investigation and studying and build a custom loop of my own even if it was fairly basic. Learn a lot more that way than just fitting a pre built. Besides that's half the fun of it all working out the specs etc.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB