Official GIGABYTE Forum

is the Z68X-UD3H-B3 Hyper-v compatible?

is the Z68X-UD3H-B3 Hyper-v compatible?
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:23:45 am »
Hello,

I have a fresh install of Windows 8 (upgrade, but installed to a blank partition), with latest drivers, anti-virus and nothing else.

I have a Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with the U1H BIOS (UEFI), and an Intel Core i7-2600K with 8GB of RAM.

As far as I know, my system should be Hyper-V-compliant, but under "Turn Windows features on or off", I'm unable to select "Hyper-V Platform" (checkbox is grayed out).  If I hover, it reads "Hyper-V cannot be installed. the processor does not have required virtualization capabilities".

When I test my CPU with SysInternals, it lists the CPU as compliant on all three virtualization features...

So I'd like to know:
1) Does this Motherboard/BIOS combo support Inte's Hyper-V?
2) If (1) is 'No', will another BIOS version support Inte's Hyper-V? If so, do I need to wait for a newer BIOS or roll-back?
3) Is my CPU Hyper-V compliant?

Thanks,

Re: is the Z68X-UD3H-B3 Hyper-v compatible?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:18:29 pm »
Hi,

I found some posts referring to disabling USB 3.0 and conflicts with Avast (after successful enabling of Hyper-V).

I tried both, and fiddling with USB 3.0 didn't help, and updating Avast (which had helped the other fella) didn't help, but uninstalling Avast did the trick.

I should mention that I had also installed Microsoft's own antivirus, and maybe they were conflicting (I thought I had it disabled, but now I'm not sure).

The way things are, with people reporting issues and hangs with Hyper-V, and some of them being Anti-Virus related, I'll stay with Microsoft's AV.

Now, on to more Hyper-V adventures...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:20:07 pm by graziamk »