Official GIGABYTE Forum

LED Activity Lights

LED Activity Lights
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
I have a new EP45-UD3L motherboard installed in a Gigabyte GZ-X7BMDX-400 case. Everything went well with the exception of the LED acitivity light for the hard drive and the LED light for the power button.

For the power button, the connectors from the front are two single pin connectors LED+ and LED-.  The System Power LED Header on the motherboard is a three prong attachment.  I have tried multiple combinations to no avail.

For the HDD activity light, the connector from the front is plugged into the F_Panel header, but without any luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pottypete

Re: LED Activity Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:59:17 pm »
Hi,
The pin outs should be in the manual,
Have you got the polarity correct for the leds?
cheers

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 02:08:04 am »
Pete,

Thanks for responding.

As far as the Power LED goes, I had it plugged into the Power_LED header, which was wrong.  I tried the Front Panel_Header and it worked.

As far as the HDD LED, so far no luck.   Also though, the front panel headphone jack and the microphone jack are DOA.  So I am going to RMA the front panel.

Thanks again for responding.  Always remember pipeliners do it deeper.

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:00:58 am »
Hi,
Lets know how you get on
Cheers

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 03:14:29 am »
Just wanted to close this thread.

I did RMA the front panel.  Received it the other day and was able to install it tonight.  Everything works as it should.

My only complaint is that it took Gigabyte 24 days to repair/replace and then get it back to me.  24 days seems like a long time to trouble shoot a front panel.