Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77-DS3H – Cannot access BIOS at POST by striking <DEL>, <F9>, <F12> or <END>

Hi all,

I have built a new computer based on a Z77-DS3H MB. I have installed Windows 7 from a pendrive on my SSD disk and it has booted just fine. My problem is, I cannot access the BIOS at POST, even if when the startup screen shows up I strike the <DEL> key repeatedly, and same with the other keys that purportedly should cause some positive effect. Instead, the computer freezes and the boot procedure stops without proceeding any further, showing a black screen. I have tried to hook up my (USB) keyboard to every USB port, to no avail. Same with a PS/2 keyboard (I wanted to try this before troubling you with my request just in case the BIOS had any legacy support USB related issue).

I really need to access the BIOS, at least to set up the device boot order, so I will appreciate very much any hint that you can give to me. Thank you in advance.

I sent my computer to my vendor's service desk and could see how they acceded the BIOS without any difficulty, so I was able to see what is wrong with it:

I use a DVI cord to plug my screen to my ASUS Geforce GT630. The technical guys used the D-Sub connector, and when I did the same at home I acceded the BIOS easily. But the system still refuses to let me access the BIOS if the screen is plugged to the DVI connector. (When I told that to the tech guys, they were puzzled and had no explanation.)

My question is if this is as supposed to be? IMHO, it should not be so, and I ought to be able to connect my screen with the connector of my choice. That behavior prevents me of using two screens at the same time if I need to access the BIOS, which I do on a regular basis when I need to change the setup.

Please tell me if this is something that happens to you too, and if any solution is already known. Thanks again.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:57:34 pm by Oceanotti »