Official GIGABYTE Forum

Desktop computer shuts down frequently without warning

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Desktop computer shuts down frequently without warning
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »
More likey it isn't the CPU. It could be the PSU and yes you tesed it but it could be over heating too to a point that it shut down.

The chance that both video doing the same. I would try another PSU if you can some body to give one to try. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: Desktop computer shuts down frequently without warning
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 04:25:59 pm »
More likey it isn't the CPU. It could be the PSU and yes you tesed it but it could be over heating too to a point that it shut down.

The chance that both video doing the same. I would try another PSU if you can some body to give one to try. 

The reason I didn't think it was the PSU was because I'd tried another one already. Granted it was only 400W, but should be able to handle it.

I just booted without the video cards installed and it still shut off, so it definitely isn't the video card. And again, I've tried other PSUs. I might have one more *old* one to try, but we'll have to wait and see. I'll hack apart that desktop later today.

The CPU seems to be the last remaining thing I haven't been able to test.

Matt