Official GIGABYTE Forum

Need Help in BIOS update

wawart

Need Help in BIOS update
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:22:55 pm »
Hi all i just bought AMD Vishera FX-8350 4.0GHz cpu and i have a UD3 motherboard . I installed the cpu and it didnt work lol. So i updated my bios through @ bios and it updated me f9 rev 1. I just check the giga byte website and it has Rev 3 lol. I tried installing that rev 3 but i cant coz its not a 64 bit. So my question now is where can i get this rev 3 64 bit. Pls need help. Atm my pc is so slow its probably of the bios im using  ??? Pls i need some help ty in advance

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: Need Help in BIOS update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:37 pm »
You are mixing all up :)

First of all what is the exact name of the board that ends with the  UD3 suffix ?

Secondly what is the revision of the board ,so you know what BIOS to install ?
Take a look at the left lower corner of the board  ,as you consider the CPU socket on the top side.

Each hardware version has a specific set of BIOS to install.You will not be able to install BIOS-es from revision 3  for older revisions.

For flashing use the Q-Flash feature if possible.
You can flash to latest BIOS with a supported CPU ,something like a Athlon 2 or  Phenom 2 CPU .

Theoretically the version 3.0 of the AM3+ AMD 9xx chipset based boards should take the FX CPU-s with no problems whatsoever depending on the TDP wattage supported.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

wawart

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:16:22 pm »
You are mixing all up :)

First of all what is the exact name of the board that ends with the  UD3 suffix ?

Secondly what is the revision of the board ,so you know what BIOS to install ?
Take a look at the left lower corner of the board  ,as you consider the CPU socket on the top side.

Each hardware version has a specific set of BIOS to install.You will not be able to install BIOS-es from revision 3  for older revisions.

For flashing use the Q-Flash feature if possible.
You can flash to latest BIOS with a supported CPU ,something like a Athlon 2 or  Phenom 2 CPU .

Theoretically the version 3.0 of the AM3+ AMD 9xx chipset based boards should take the FX CPU-s with no problems whatsoever depending on the TDP wattage supported.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 this is my mother board and rev1 is my bios. just updated this from @bios and atm i got rev 1 F9. So rev 3 is what i really need :)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:11:13 am »
Hi there,

you seem to be a little confused about identifying things with your PC

The motherboard is the GA-990FXA-UD3 but there are several revisions of this board. You can find the revision number of your particular board printed in the lower left hand corner (check the first couple of pages of the User's Manual and it will show you a picture) and it will look like Rev 1.0 or similar. If you still have the original box for the motherboard it is also printed on the label.

BIOS versions are usually board & revision specific so, if your motherboard is Rev 1.0 you need the BIOS updates for this board. BIOS updates are identified either by a letter and a number, for example F5 or by two letters FC.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

wawart

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:03:44 pm »
Hi there,

you seem to be a little confused about identifying things with your PC

The motherboard is the GA-990FXA-UD3 but there are several revisions of this board. You can find the revision number of your particular board printed in the lower left hand corner (check the first couple of pages of the User's Manual and it will show you a picture) and it will look like Rev 1.0 or similar. If you still have the original box for the motherboard it is also printed on the label.

BIOS versions are usually board & revision specific so, if your motherboard is Rev 1.0 you need the BIOS updates for this board. BIOS updates are identified either by a letter and a number, for example F5 or by two letters FC.

Got it just updated my bios to f9 of rev 1. But its so slow ahh sod it im going to remove this 8 core and rwplace it with 6 core which was fxking quick

Ok I got it my bios is rev 1 and updated it to f9 . My pc is abit slow than before. This
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:48:20 pm by absic »

Vezina

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »

Got it just updated my bios to f9 of rev 1. But its so slow ahh sod it im going to remove this 8 core and rwplace it with 6 core which was fxking quick

Ok I got it my bios is rev 1 and updated it to f9 . My pc is abit slow than before. This

It shouldn t be slow.
What makes you think it s slow ?!

You may be having throttling happening.
What power supply are you using and what CPU cooler ?!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:48:01 pm by Vezina »
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

wawart

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 05:37:20 am »

It shouldn t be slow.
What makes you think it s slow ?!

You may be having throttling happening.
What power supply are you using and what CPU cooler ?!

My start up is really slow not like before....... Power supply i got 1250 ocz cpu cooler Corsair H100.
Do i need to set up something? or reset something? I read the manual it says something about CMOS. But on the @Bios utility tool it theres an option there , load Cmos to default after Bios update.

FX-8350 4.0GHz cpu is this cpu compatible to rev1 bios btw?? i know there are loads of rev that are out. Ty in advance for any info given

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 08:12:59 am »
FX-8350 4.0GHz cpu is this cpu compatible to rev1 bios btw??

Yes, this CPU is OK with the Rev1.0 motherboard from BIOS version F9

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest  F10a version for your board?
This version has an update for the AHCI ROM and might imporove things for you.

If you haven't updated to the latest version could I recommend that you do so, but use the QFlash utility rather than the @BIOS software. If you are not sure how to use the QFlash utility check the FAQ here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Vezina

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:15:46 pm »
After you reset /clear the CMOS , Disable APM and C1  in BIOS.
Turbo Core ,CnQ and C6 can be as well disabled for troubleshooting purposes.
Also under W7 install the 2 Bulldozer patches.
Cooling is extremely important as well for this CPU.
Over & Out !