Official GIGABYTE Forum

Hot Swap Problem

Hot Swap Problem
« on: March 27, 2013, 04:46:34 am »
Motherboard = GA-970A-UD3  / F7 bios  Using Win 7 64 bit I have ACHI mode enabled in bios.

Case Rosewill Mid tower Black Hawk - Comes with hard drive dock on top.

This is a hot swap dock,to some extent.You need to turn pc off,then insert drive,reboot,and then it installs driver.The problem I have is 2 fold.The transfer rate starts out strong,but continuously drops.(ie) 96mb's/ sec down to 10mb's/ sec and below.Another issue.When I transfer files,it works,but its almost a guarantee,at some point I will get I/O errors.Before you ask,Yes, I enabled the hot swap for that port in the bios.I also went into device manager,with hot swap connected,and says drive is working properly.

Drives used to hot swap- WD 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache and WD 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32 MB Cache

FOUND MY ANSWER- Thanks himself ;) Western digital Support claim their drives don't support hot swap.Thats a bunch of bulls***. :'( Oh well,keeping this thread here incase someone else has problems with hot swap.No problem hot swaping ssd's in my other gaming pc,so never thought a simple sata drive would give me problems.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:16:21 am by toostrike »