Bad BIOS Flash on GA-EP35-DS3L
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:43 pm »
Hi,

first my Specs:
Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
4 GB Kingston DDR2 800
Radeon HD4850

Today I tried to update the BIOS for my MOB. Previously I had BIOS F4 and I tried to update it to F6 using Q-Flash. The new BIOS file was downloaded directly from the gigabyte site. I created the floppy disk with the autoexec, the flash-utility and the BIOS-file. I rebooted, got into Q-Flash through F8 in BIOS, and flashed it. Everything went fine. After the process the system rebooted, and instead of the POST screen, there was something like this: "BIOS is auto-recovering from HDD". The process finished and it rebooted. After that it got stuck in an infinite reboot loop. I don't even get the POST screen. It doesn't try to read from either the floppy nor the CD drive, so no chance to reflash the bios. I also tried removing all but one RAM, tried different combinations. Also disconnected CD drive and all HDDs. Did clear CMOS per jumper and also removed battery for 30+ minutes. Nothing helped. The only thing I can think of I could have done wrong is, that I cleared the CMOS before the flash, because I wanted a clear install, but I dind't load optimized defaults before flashing. But even the manual just recommends the loading after the flash, so it shouldn't be a requirement for a successful flash.
That's everything I remember trying. Any suggestions or is my MOB just broken?