Official GIGABYTE Forum

Graphic Core Clock Speed

Larkina

Graphic Core Clock Speed
« on: April 11, 2013, 01:59:07 am »
 I'm just curious about how to increase the core clocking speed on my system. I'm currently using a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4  V.1.3 motherboard and I was wanting to know exactly how would you go about setting the core clock speed? My video card is overclocked from the factory. It's a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition. Also I'm using an Intel i5 2500k processor which I have overclocked to run at 4.5Ghz.

Windows 7 Professornal 64bit
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4  V.1.3 Mobo
Intel i5 2500k
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Video Card
Samsung 250Gb SSD
Sandisk 120Gb SSD
Corsair H50 cooling system, Push n Pull config.
Corsair 750TX psu
Logitech Audio system

najiro

Re: Graphic Core Clock Speed
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:06:38 am »
I'm just curious about how to increase the core clocking speed on my system. I'm currently using a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4  V.1.3 motherboard and I was wanting to know exactly how would you go about setting the core clock speed? My video card is overclocked from the factory. It's a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition. Also I'm using an Intel i5 2500k processor which I have overclocked to run at 4.5Ghz.

Windows 7 Professornal 64bit
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4  V.1.3 Mobo
Intel i5 2500k
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Video Card
Samsung 250Gb SSD
Sandisk 120Gb SSD
Corsair H50 cooling system, Push n Pull config.
Corsair 750TX psu
Logitech Audio system

Overclocking your video card? You need an overclocking tool. The most recommended tools for nvidia cards are MSI afterburner and EVGA Precision X.
However, overclocking will be limited to 110% power output I think. If you want to go beyond that, you can unlock your bios, increase voltage and max power output to 150% using a bios unlocker/editor.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?284014-KGB-Kepler-BIOS-Editor-Unlocker

I unlocked my GTX 660 with that and was able to overclock it to +120/+400 (core clock/memory clock) stable
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

Larkina

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:47:39 am »
You are absolutely correct najiro and I'm sorry but I have MSI Afterburner. I think what I'm after is setting the graphic core clock in the motherboard BIOS. There is an option on the Z68XP-UD4 motherboard for doing this or maybe this is an area best left alone. I was thinking I could squeeze some more performance out of my system by manually placing the value in this option.

najiro

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 05:34:32 am »
You are absolutely correct najiro and I'm sorry but I have MSI Afterburner. I think what I'm after is setting the graphic core clock in the motherboard BIOS. There is an option on the Z68XP-UD4 motherboard for doing this or maybe this is an area best left alone. I was thinking I could squeeze some more performance out of my system by manually placing the value in this option.

Is it possible? I never heard of it before. gpu BIOS at desktop -> yes.. but at motherboard BIOS page.. I dunno...
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

Larkina

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:11:40 am »
It's in the BIOS setting called Graphic Core.