Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3P

EP45-UD3P
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:37 pm »
Hi
Wondered if anyone can offer advice on above motherboard have rma'd it to were i bought from and they say the pins in the cpu socket are bent so cannot be replaced under warranty. Anyone any suggestions as to the best way of straightening the pins so that i will be able to use it. This is not the first computer i have built so am not sure how i even bent the pins

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: EP45-UD3P cpu socket pins bent
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:55:38 pm »
Hi krazycommando

you have 3 ways to go:
1) use direct RMA service from GIGABYTE UK, as bent pins can be repaired under warranty
2) try to convince your supplier to accept this mb for warranty claim, basing on information from point 1, anyway your supplier sends mb's to Gigabyte UK RMA. the only difference is that in point 2 you don't pay £10.00 (admin charges) as it happens when you do direct RMA (point 1)
3) straighten the pins yourself using forceps

the choice is yours

====Edited=====
No admin charge since March 2010.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:31:56 pm by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Re: EP45-UD3P
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:45:05 pm »
Hi Andrew

I had rma'd it to the supplier and they said it couldnt be done under warranty as it was damaged so they sent it back to me. I have been in contact with Gigabyte UK to rma it to them and i will pay the admin charge abit reluctant as i do not know how they got bent  but at least it should come back to me so i can use it whereas if i tried i might break a pin or two and it would be no good.
 Thanks for reply though