Official GIGABYTE Forum

7950 FX1 and FY1 BIOS break HDMI

7950 FX1 and FY1 BIOS break HDMI
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »
I was running F3 happily even though gigabyte pulled it from their site and even the tech support had no idea that it ever existed which was concerning to me at the very least. Anyways, I saw that they released new BIOS files (FX1 and FY1) so I decided to try them and it seems that both of them render the HDMI output useless. I have this confirmed from other users as well trying to use these BIOS files.

I contacted the tech support but they have been completely useless in the past and I don;t expect anything useful from them in the future, but I will let you guys know what happens. Could the people who have tried these BIOS files tell me if your HDMI works or not and what revision your card is please?

Moro

Re: 7950 FX1 and FY1 BIOS break HDMI
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:25 pm »
I have the same issues with these new bioses - HDMI doesn't work. My card came with F42 bios and i'm currently using F43. I presumed that this FX1 bios is exactly for my card because bios description of F43 and FX1 are the same. However it broke my HDMI, so i returned to F43.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:41:01 pm by Moro »

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:20:19 pm »
for me same problem .. I had to reinstall bios f43

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:43:53 pm »
I love how gigabyte puts out multiple broken BIOS files and doesn't do anything about it or even make an announcement so people know. I e-mailed support and they just said they would reprogram my card to an older bios if I sent it in. How useless are they? Ridiculous.

I am on an original F2 BIOS card running F43 just fine if anyone wants to know. I have a voltage unlocked card so I guess this is the best for overclocking anyways as the GHZ BIOS locks the voltage.

GOG

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »
I don't want to defend Gigabyte in any way, but it clearly says on their site that FX1 and FY1 are not for your cards. The problem is that it's written on the wrong page: http://www.gigabyte.com/WebPage/40/index.htm

I bought the latest revision of this card but I returned it. They can keep their pos-cards with locked high vcore which gives high temps to themselves.

Before I returned it, I upgraded from FX0 to FX1 and it did not break my HDMI.

Moro

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
Well, if you look for the Bios Version of FX1 you'll see that it match with the bios version of F43. That's why i presume it may work.