Official GIGABYTE Forum

VERY long post on GA-M720-US3 with Sapphire 5770

VERY long post on GA-M720-US3 with Sapphire 5770
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:35 am »
Hi.

I've just purchased a Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 graphics card. When I installed it and turned on I got three "clicks" from the motherboard, then a pause, then another three clicks ... This goes on for about 20-30 seconds before I get the normal POST beep. Then system then boots fine and seems to be working OK. I'm not sure what's causing it. My GFX card BIOS is upto date as is the motherboard.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
Re: VERY long post on GA-M720-US3 with Sapphire 5770
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:11:18 pm »
Hi.

I've just purchased a Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 graphics card. When I installed it and turned on I got three "clicks" from the motherboard, then a pause, then another three clicks ... This goes on for about 20-30 seconds before I get the normal POST beep. Then system then boots fine and seems to be working OK. I'm not sure what's causing it. My GFX card BIOS is upto date as is the motherboard.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Its an idea that I have not tried, but inside the bios set up are configurations for different video cards. It could be that your configuration is set to the default - which is the wrong card configuration.
The start up (very long post) delay occurs because the bios is re configuring the mother board for a different video card at post time. If the bios settings were correct for that card, it would skip this re configuration...
What happens when the old video card is installed? Does the post delay stop?
Giga GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Phenom II 945 X4, Gskill 4GB, Coolermaster, Sapphire HD4870, Velociraptor HDD, 7 fans, Antec 550+, Acer 24" LCD. "I tried Asus, then I bought a real motherboard."