Official GIGABYTE Forum

NVIDIA 8800GT - Black Screens while gaming

NVIDIA 8800GT - Black Screens while gaming
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:32 am »
Okay so i've bounced about the internet trying to find solutions to this problem and having come across a myriad that haven't worked, I thought i'd throw it over to the community.

So I have single NVIDIA 8800GT in my pc which has been happily chugging away playing games for me for over a year and recently I purchase a new monitor which changes my native resolution from 1440x900 to 1600x900. Big deal right? My gfx card thought so. Ever since i've bought this new monitor after a while of playing a game or anything graphically challenging for that matter the computer just suddenly black screens as if its suddenly stopped sending visual data, which i presume it has. After a minute or two the last sound to be heard prior to the crash repeats itself over and over signifying the computer has well and truly crashed.

So far i've tried:
Upgrading and downgrading drivers
Removing Video Codec Packs
Checking and attempting to lower the heat of the card (which is already acceptably low)
Cleaning all internal parts of dust

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated, i'm at my wits end here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:44:22 am by facemelta5000 »

Re: NVIDIA 8800GT - Black Screens while gaming
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »
to clarify the card is the GV-NX88T512HP, http://www.gigabyte.eu/Support/VGA/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2720

If that helps at all...