Official GIGABYTE Forum

Heeeeeeelp !

Heeeeeeelp !
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:35:16 am »
Hi guys,
I bough on Ebay a "used once" Mobo, P67A-UD3P-B3.
It looks brand new and basically un-touched. I got myself a New Intel 1155 CPU and 4 New 8 Gb ram sticks.
Also I got a BIG Gelid Tranquilo cooler. PSU 700 w.
When all assemble (just the most needed basics, 24 pins power+8 pins cpu power. 1 hard drive and 1 CD-DVD)

I fired up the Mobo and ............................Fans started, lights came on. It ran few seconds then stop. All dead !
then restarted then stopped again and so on ! I also noticed, the CPU fan runs very slowly.

My question : is that Mobo dead ?   

TFisher

Re: Heeeeeeelp !
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »
Make sure you have the latest bios installed. Some P67 boards had that issue.
Asus Z270 Prime A/i7- 6700k / Corsair H110/Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250gig/3x Seagate 1tb Storage/16 gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800/Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC/Corsair AX 760i PSU/Logitech Z-5500 Sound/Win 10 x64 /Corsair 780T Case/48" Sony monitor/

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:45:17 pm »
Uh ????????????
How do you install any BIO if the thing don't even run light up  ???

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »
Without knowing the details of the hardware you are using all we can do is guess as to what the problem is.

As TFisher has suggested, the first thing to consider is the BIOS but you are now in a position where you may need the latest BIOS to run your CPU and you can only update the BIOS if you have a CPU that is being recognised. Without knowing which CPU, you are trying to run, we can't say if this is the cause of the issue you are facing.

If it turns out that the CPU is not being recognised then you need to either buy a cheap one that will be recognised by the earliest BIOS version of the motherboard, find a friend who has a a supported chip and who will let you borrow it to do the BIOS flash, find a friendly PC shop who can do the update for you (this will usually cost) or contact Gigabyte Technical Support here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=U.K.&SourceWeb=B2C and see if you can arrange for them to update/check the motherboard for you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:22 pm »
Thank for trying to help.
My CPU is : Intel i5 3330S Quad Core 2.7GHz 6M SRORR LGA 1155
My RAMS are : 4x 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM C10 Blue Heatspreaders.

And I have the strong feeling Gigabyte Mobos are not good news when I see how many posts (problems) people have with them.
Better stick to Asus or As Rock, I guess !