Official GIGABYTE Forum

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Not Black Edition

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Not Black Edition
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:14:43 am »
I have it in hybrid mode, but the cores are disabled .   if i turn any of the cores on they will make the pc not boot up after i restart

I have it set to hybrid and auto , i even was trying some of the cores

It loads motherboard screen couple other and becuase it says loading windows . Its a black screen .

So i restart pc and try again .

Should i give it time , it should load up really fast i thought ,

When i was in hybrid mode and restart pc , i go back to bios and it says i have 4 cores .

And extra two popped up but restarting still dont load windows ,

i was told if i remove OS  and overclock motherboard and reisntall os again i can have all my 4 cores but .
i dont want to waste my time if it dont work .

If anyone know about anything within this reach , please reply

Thanks alot .

autotech

Re: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Not Black Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:40 am »
I have read this 3 times and still cant figure it out. I think it is because you left out important information like.

Motherboard:
CPU ( Brand / Model / Is the computer Overclocked, if so list CPU speeds, FSB, Memory speeds, Voltages etc. etc.):
RAM ( Brand / Model / Tell us the number of sticks and if you´re using different brands):
Video Card ( Brand / Model / Is it overclocked, and if so, to what speeds and using what utility ):
PSU ( IMPORTANT !!! Brand & Model / Link to webpage with specs / manufacturer's website or picture of unit label ):
Monitor ( Brand / Model / Connection used):
Hard drives:
Optical Drives:
Additional PCI cards:
Number of fans present:

Operating System :
Video Card Drivers in Use ( and tried ):
Motherboard Drivers Used:
Apps/Games causing issues ( and if they've been patched ):
All major components check 100% after thorough testing ( eg. Memory & Memtest86 ):
System clean of viruses / spyware etc:
Other things tried:
With this info we can help more i didnt even see what motherboard you are using if it is a 900 chipset series then the problem you are having is common with them it has something to do with the way they handle the power saving features and turbo boost. But cant tell for sure as i dont have enough info.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA