Official GIGABYTE Forum

Vcore problem with a 990FXA-UD3

Vcore problem with a 990FXA-UD3
« on: May 29, 2013, 07:48:21 am »
Hi guys,

So I got some troubles with my mobo. I already post a thread in the AMD motherboard part of this forum, because before this mobo I got a 990XA-UD3.

With this first mobo I got vCore troubles, and double boot problems. Someone on this forum told me that my mobo is putting itself into kind of "protection mode" and check the frequency and voltage at every boot/reboot, so my computer is shutting down and restarting every time.

This double boot problem occurs only when my cpu is overclocked (my cpu is a FX8350 btw). Which mean that even with a 115€ mobo, I just can't overclock my cpu correctly. Fine.

Another person on a french forum, who have the axact same mobo/cpu, told me that he doesn't got this dual boot problem. But his mobo is in rev1.2, mine is rev3.0.

So this is a first problem. The second one is a vCore problem.

My vCore doesn't want to stick to a specific value. I tried all the LLC values (which are kind of weird atually, and there's no disable option), but still my vCore is moving.

Offset is +0.025 right now, and my cpu is @ 4.5Ghz. My vCore is going from 1.416v idle to 1.464 (!!) in load. I am worried about temps, which goes up to 50°C.

So if my vCore wants to go up, it's not a problem with me, the problem is that even in load, it still move, from 1.464 to 1.452v. So sometimes my cpu freeze on OCCT because of vCore droping :(

So if someone can help me, my bios is up to date, I already unchecked all the option like C6 state, c'n'q, etc. I tried changing my CPU PLL voltage to 2.65v.
I knew that after the 990XA-UD3 I shouldn't take the FXA, but an asus mobo, but I prefered stay with gigabyte, here's result :(

Thank you for your help :)

DarkstaR

Re: Vcore problem with a 990FXA-UD3
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:20:11 am »
Hello !
I'm speaking english so that everyone can uderstand as i'm french too  ;D
Please trust Gigabyte as they make very reliable components... you don't have luck, and i think that your problem is due to the revision of your fxa...just try to resell it or send it back if you are within the 7 days of retractation delay and buy a new one but check the revision before as you must absolutely take the 1.1 or 1.2
Both revisions are known to have no problems of vdrop with llc activated ! ;)
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3
Seasonic X-460 FL (fanless) 80+ Gold
AMD Athlon X4 760K
G1.Sniper A88X 3.0
8Gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer R/G
Scythe Katana 3
Gigabyte HD 7970 Ghz Edition
Samsung 830 256Gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda Green LP 2TO
Sony-Nec 7240 S
Acer 23" P235 Hdmi

SeruX

Re: Vcore problem with a 990FXA-UD3
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 01:11:57 pm »
Hello !
I'm speaking english so that everyone can uderstand as i'm french too  ;D
Please trust Gigabyte as they make very reliable components... you don't have luck, and i think that your problem is due to the revision of your fxa...just try to resell it or send it back if you are within the 7 days of retractation delay and buy a new one but check the revision before as you must absolutely take the 1.1 or 1.2
Both revisions are known to have no problems of vdrop with llc activated ! ;)

Nice so... what reason Gigabyte update the revision to destroy the board?