Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't boot into correct disk.

Can't boot into correct disk.
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:26:53 pm »
Hi all.

GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard with a SATA Samsung drive, an IDE Maxtor drive (master) and a CD-ROM drive (slave).

The computer automatically boots into the IDE drive but I want it to boot into the SATA drive automatically. If I want to boot into the Samsung drive, I have to press F12, but the strange thing is that the Samsung drive is already highlighted When I press F12 so I don't even need to select it. I just have to press Enter and the computer boots into the Samsung drive, but without this step, it boots into the Maxtor! When I go into BIOS, the Maxtor is set as the first disk to boot into, however, I am able to move the highlighting up and down using the arrow keys on my keyboard but cannot move the order of the disks (pressing the + or - keys do not move the disks up or down). I thought that maybe I could try plugging in a PS2 keyboard instead of my USB one but then again, if that was the problem, then why are the other keys working?

Any ideas about what the problem might be would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: Can't boot into correct disk.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:30:52 am »
You should be able to move the boot devices in BIOS with the +/-.
I have the same board ,but never used IDE devices with it.

With SATA devices i could move them around for booting AHCI or IDE Mode.
Either the keyboard is defective either there is some bug in the BIOS.

Have you tested with another keyboard or you are just wondering ?! :)
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

SOLVED Re: Can't boot into correct disk.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:47:07 pm »
Hi Vezina. Thanks for your reply. I plugged a PS2 keyboard in but the + and - keys still didn't change the order of the disks. At the bottom of the BIOS screen, it stated PU/PD/+/-, which I thought meant to press up or down and then + or - (which is what was stated on the right hand side of the screen), however, I tried the Page Up and Page Down buttons instead and surely enough, this did the trick, so the PU and PD meant Page Up and Page Down and not Press Up and Press Down. Thanks again for your help.