Official GIGABYTE Forum

Memory Reference Code MRC - New version please

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Memory Reference Code MRC - New version please
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:43 am »
Many problems caused by old version of MRC...

http://communities.intel.com/message/171244
http://communities.intel.com/thread/30096?start=0&tstart=0

HD4000 random flicker
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=11532.0

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - 2560x1600 display issue
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,12320.msg81531.html#msg81531

I want a Memory Reference Code MRC
(MRC 1.4->1.5->1.6.0 or higher)

Is it possible that Gigabyte developed the latest BIOS with the
Another version of the MRC 1.4. Memory Reference Code - MRC

For example MRC 1.5 1.6.0 or higher for mother card with Thunderbolt release:

GA-Z77MX TH-D3H
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

But I think it's all versions of the Z77 series should have a BIOS update - CRM 1.5 or 1.6.0 or higher.

Re: Memory Reference Code MRC - New version please
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
I too have this flicker issue. Even with a PCIE card added. As long as the HD4000 IGP is enabled, the flicker randomly happens. I have my own thread on the Intel forum, but that is leading no where and Intel doesn't want to admit any fault. And I am not 100% confident that Gigabyte will have it solved either.

Anyway, if Gigabyte can update the MRC code as Intel recommends, at least I could check that off my list and put the blame back on Intel when that doesn't solve my issue. Or I luck out and it actually does solve the issue.

I have the GA-Z77X-UDH5 rev 1.0 with the Intel i7-3770k cpu.

I didn't have the flicker with Windows 7 x64, but as soon as I moved to Windows 8 x64, I got the flicker. Nothing else changed. I later added a PCIE video card because Intel said that would solve the issue. But what they didn't state is that I would have to disable the HD4000. Well of course it will solve the HD4000 flicker issue if the HD4000 is disabled. DUH.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:25:57 am »
I have the same problem with the screen jump/flicker.  I have a UD3H and Intel 3770K using Intel HD4000 graphics and running Windows 8x64.  I contacted gigabyte after searching forums for hours on a solution (Removing RAM or one of my displays is not an option).  Gigabyte told me to change the internal graphics memory in the BIOS to 512 MB or higher.  It didn't solve the problem completely, but has considerably reduced the flickering. 

Someone else posted that upgrading to BIOS f19e solved the problem while another person posted that it didn't help.  Kind of wondering if this MRC 1.5.0.0 will be implemented into gigabyte BIOS soon.  The flicker is disheartening considering the money spent.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 04:50:07 am »
...The flicker is disheartening considering the money spent.

Absolutely. I am extremely upset that I have been a long time Gigabyte supporter and bought my Z77 board and 3rd Gen i7-3770k when they released last year over a year ago. To have this issue still is a huge disappointment and now I will have to reconsider other brands when I build my next system.

This wasn't an issue with Windows 7 x64 for me, so I didn't notice the flaw until Windows 8. But even Windows 8 has been out long enough for Gigabyte to have solved this issue. I would blame Intel, but they are on top of things and they say it's the motherboard brand that needs to fix this in their BIOS.

Gigabyte, you are way behind in fixing this issue.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »
Many thanks for that!

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:37:07 pm »
Intel hasn't admitted it. And while they pointed the finger at the BIOS, making it Gigabyte's issue. Intel released a new video driver and I haven't had the issue since using the new driver. So maybe it was Intel issue the whole time. But this is still no excuse for Gigabyte not releasing some newer non-Beta BIOS versions past F14. And I still wonder about the MRC code not being updated yet in the latest stable release. Below are the details of the new Intel driver that solved the flicker issue for me. At least for the past few weeks I have been using it. Hopefully it's solved for good now.

File name: Win64_153117.exe
Version:15.31.17.64.3257
Date:09/11/2013 Status:Latest
Size:136.11 MB Language:Multi language
Operating Systems:Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Basic, 64-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit version*, Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit version*, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit version*, Windows 8, 64-bit*

That is the file I downloaded. Here is a link, It is for the Iris and HD series. Also for the latest 4th gen core series. I would make sure you have something actively running on the Intel grphics before installing this.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&keyword=iris&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng