Official GIGABYTE Forum

Graphic card drops HDMI/DVI output or sets it to unsupported resolution

The graphic card drops HDMI/DVI output or sets it to unsupported resolution.

I leave my HTPC computer always on and switch the HDMI TV set on and off. Every now and then (~5 times per week) the graphics card loses the DVI output and the TV says "no input".
Sometimes I've found a signal on the component output of the graphics card and in the Nvidia control panel is seems that it has configured itself to use only TV output (over component connector, that I never have connected) and the checkbox next to my DVI/HDMI output has been deselected.
Sometimes the TV report "unsupported signal" so it seems that another resolution has been set.

Booting the computer in safe mode always work. This is how I (temporary) fix the problem: Reboot in safe mode, reinstall the driver, reboot in regular mode, reset the resolution.

I've tried to uninstall the driver, reinstall different versions without fixing the problem. MS Standard VGA driver does work (but doesn't support video so it's not very good for a HTPC).

Can I force the card not to use multiple monitors and only output to the DVI/HDMI?
Is there a saved configuration setting for multiple monitors and resolution that I could create a shortcut/macro/scheduled job for?

I'm using a GV-NX66T256DE card on a Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard under Windows Vista 64

Thanks
Fredrik

kangoo

Re: Graphic card drops HDMI/DVI output or sets it to unsupported resolution
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:23:40 am »
maybe do bios upgrade for the VGA ?

use this link: http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

Re: Graphic card drops HDMI/DVI output or sets it to unsupported resolution
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:49:47 pm »
Thanks Kangoo,
I've tried doing an update but it fails with "incorrect bios" printout. It reports that I have F12 bios and the updates available are F2 and F3.
Gigabyte has now responded that this is an RMA repair.
In the end I decided to buy a new card, with HDMI output, and it solved the problem :-)

/Fredrik