Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD3R Install Problems

GA-X58A-UD3R Install Problems
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:06:40 pm »
GA-X58A-UD3R

This is my first computer build and I’m having a problem or two and need some help or advice. I’m not going to pretend to know what I’m doing, but I will try hard.
I was able to put everything together with no trouble but cannot install Windows XP regardless of what I do .  The system will boot up and go to the Gigabyte screen each time:

1. I can press F12 and it will go to the boot menu at this point – 85 percent of the time, not all the time.
2. After I restart from the CD Win Setup starts to run (pressing F6 has never worked) and the system starts to load various files at the bottom and than almost each time I get the following blue screen error message.
3. One time I got thru Windows setup but the system would not enter the Registration Key

--

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this error appears again , follow these steps:
Check to make sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message , disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing Video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  Go into Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP:  0x0000007E  (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)
**              pci.sys – Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

--

I can answer any questions anyone might have about my hardware or setup.

Thanks,

scjet

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Install Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:38:37 am »
GA-X58A-UD3R

This is my first computer build and I’m having a problem or two and need some help or advice. I’m not going to pretend to know what I’m doing, but I will try hard.
I was able to put everything together with no trouble but cannot install Windows XP regardless of what I do .  The system will boot up and go to the Gigabyte screen each time:

1. I can press F12 and it will go to the boot menu at this point – 85 percent of the time, not all the time.
2. After I restart from the CD Win Setup starts to run (pressing F6 has never worked) and the system starts to load various files at the bottom and than almost each time I get the following blue screen error message.
3. One time I got thru Windows setup but the system would not enter the Registration Key

--

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this error appears again , follow these steps:
Check to make sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message , disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing Video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  Go into Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP:  0x0000007E  (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)
**              pci.sys – Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

--

I can answer any questions anyone might have about my hardware or setup.

Thanks,

Well, without mentioning any hardware issues right now, set your bios to "defaults", or "optimum settings" ... ?.
 Obviously, if you can, even via floppy/usb drive update your BIOS to the latest "F5" I think for this board.-that is important.
 Of course, you'll need to double-check the obvious as well again, all your pin-connectors to case stuff,....
 If that still fails, then its definitely hardware-related, (unless you've got a crappy copy of WinBlows) be it Memory conflicts, , PSU, Motherboard, ...?
 anyway, the above "pci.sys" could mean you've got PCI/PCI-ex system bus/card problem as well ?
 Then again, its hard to decipher these Windows proprietary blue screenies.
 Also, grab the latest Ubuntu Linux live CD just to double check to see how it boots. ? u never know right ?

GL.
Rick.

MB: GA-X58A-UD3R / GA-890FXA-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-930 / AMD Phenom II 1090T
Heatsink: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 / NH-C12P SE14
Mem: G.Skill DDR3-1600 Triple-Ch 1.5V (12800CL9T-6G) / Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 Dual-Ch 1.5V DDR3-1333 (16-Gig kit)

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Install Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:37:00 pm »
Rick,

Thanks - it tuns out the default video card settings was PCI and I'm running a Geforce 9800 card. BANG - Win XP installed pretty darn quick and completely trouble-free.

I guess my thinking was the system would pick up the card and set itself. 

I'm learning .... now it's on to Windows 7 ...

Thanks again!

Klhender