Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problems updating the BIOS - GA-990XA-UD3; (Rev 1.x)

Problems updating the BIOS - GA-990XA-UD3; (Rev 1.x)
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:22:06 pm »
Long story short, A lot of gaming issues have been a problem with the combination of this motherboard and my Bulldozer processor and after trying everything else to fix said problems the remaining option is to update the BIOS.

I did have up to F5 already on my motherboard, but the highest I can seem to upgrade it to is F8. Anything past F8 leads to me not being able to get past "Windows is Starting" and I believe it was F11 that gave me a bluescreen.

I've been told by Gigabyte support to remove the CMOS battery to reset the BIOs and try to upgrade again but I honestly don't see how that would solve anything considering I can change my BIOS to anything from F8 and below.

Any ideas to why I can't update my BIOs any higher than F8?

Specs;
CPU: AMD Fx-8150.
Motherboard; GA-990XA-UD3 (Rev1.x)
RAM; 8GB DDR3 (4GB x 2)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

If any other information is needed, please feel free to ask.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Problems updating the BIOS - GA-990XA-UD3; (Rev 1.x)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »
How are you trying to update the BIOS? Are you using QFlash or the @BIOS utility?

Before you run the update are you making sure that you load Optimized Defaults in BIOS to return the motherboard to its basic settings?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: Problems updating the BIOS - GA-990XA-UD3; (Rev 1.x)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:11:52 pm »
I'm using Qflash yes, and I also Optimized Defaults every time. =/